The Outsider, Sephora Mini Haul, and more
1. The Outsider: so far we’ve only watched the first three episodes of this HBO series based on a Stephen King novel. But I am INTO IT. We all know Mr. King has a track record of starting stories off with a bang and then allowing them to fizzle by the end. Since this is an HBO show, I’m hopeful. The cast is GREAT (Ben Mendelsohn, Jason Bateman, Cynthia Erivo, and more). The vibe is sort of True Detective season one, and I’m very curious to see where the story goes. Fingers crossed it has a good ending! Now I want to read the book, too.
Midsommar, Sephora Opening, Masks
1. Midsommar: THIS MOVIE IS SO WEIRD. AND I LOVE IT. I had heard that this was a great horror film but didn’t know anything about it going in (which I think is the way to do it). It’s by the same director as Hereditary, which I liked but didn’t love. The cinematography, color palette, and production design are SO beautiful, even when there’s something deeply disturbing going on. The visuals are very different from most horror movies. I totally want to watch this film again! I might make John watch it with me, haha. Midsommar is currently available on Amazon Prime.
Pureness: Clean, Vegan Skin Care
**The brand gifted me the products in this post for consideration.**
I was thrilled to receive another PR package from bareMinerals awhile back! bareMinerals sent me their new Pureness Skincare Collection before the products launched. It’s always such an honor to receive products to try out—thank you so much, bareMinerals!
Hunt a Killer, Rent the Runway, and more
1. Hunt a Killer: recently, some Murderino friends and I decided to sign up for this murder mystery subscription box. This week, we got together and went through the first “episode” of the murder case! The subscription consists of six boxes (aka “episodes”); each contains the materials you need to figure out whodunnit. The theme is “Class of 98,” and your task is to solve a murder at a 20th high school reunion. We bumped up the delivery of episode two, so we’re going to get together next week to do that one. So fun!
First Snow, Cozy Candle, Mask, and more
1. First Snow of the Season: though I don’t love snow, the first of the season is always magical. On Tuesday afternoon we had one of those living snowglobe-type snow storms for a few hours, and it was so pretty! The snow stuck but left just a light dusting, most of which was gone by the next morning. Which I was fine with.
First Five of 2020
1. The Witcher: we watched this new Netflix fantasy series fairly quickly and I’m already ready for more. I’ve only read the first book, Blood of Elves, from Andrzej Sapkowski’s series, but it turns out there are two prequel short story books that I should have read first. Apparently season one is based on those stories, so no wonder the show didn’t feel too familiar when we first started watching. Oopsie. Anyway, despite my feeling of unfamiliarity I really enjoyed the show. It’s not Game of Thrones-level good, but that’s a high bar to surpass. Also, I’m OBSESSED with Yennefer of Vengerberg’s makeup.
The Gifts I Received
Happy New Year! I am very much looking forward to finding out what 2020 has in store. 2019 was rough at times, though it certainly had its highlights. I wanted to share the holiday gifts that I received; the bulk of gifts from my mom are items that I asked for. Check ’em out…
So Many Empties in December!
In December, I emptied the most products since I started posting monthly empties…and I possibly emptied the most products in one month ever! I finished up a few full sized products, a bunch of minis, and used a few sheet masks. So let’s get to it! Here are my full sized empties:
Most Popular Posts This Year
Now that the year (and decade!) is almost over, I was curious which of my 2019 blog posts received the most views. I don’t know if anyone else finds this interesting, but I’m posting it anyway. 🙂 So here’s a countdown of the 10 most popular posts that I wrote in 2019.*
And the most viewed post that I wrote this year was….drumroll please….
1. Stitch Fix: March 2019 Review – from which I kept all five items (and still love all of them!).
Thank you all for reading my blog! Here’s to a happy, healthy, and chill 2020.
*Many more posts that I published in previous years had more views this year than most of those listed here. But I limited this list to posts that I wrote and published in 2019.