1. Chobani Chili Lime Meze Dip: when I saw this dip at my local grocery store it basically jumped into my shopping basket. I love trying out dips so this container was calling my name. I am in love with this stuff! It’s full of flavor; it’s tangy, creamy, spicy, and lime-y all at the same time. I’ve even started using it in place of sour cream on my nachos and quesadillas (which I make a lot of at home 😛 ). Chobani makes three other flavors as well: Roasted Red Pepper, Three Pepper Salsa, and Smoked Onion and Parmesan. I want to try ’em all!
2. Max Factor: when I read that makeup artist extraordinaire Pat McGrath had teamed up with the classic, discontinued brand Max Factor to release some new products I had to get my hands on them. My local Walgreens had the line’s two lipsticks, liquid eyeliner, and mascara in stock so I bought everything but the mascara, which I skipped because I already have a backlog to work through. And honestly? I really didn’t like the eyeliner. I used it twice and threw it away because the pen dragged across my lids and created a ragged mess of a look. The two nude lipsticks (Simply Nude and Maroon Dust) are better, but frankly the colors don’t look great on me, though Simply Nude might work paired with a smoky eye—it’s too pale on me otherwise. The lipsticks are silky smooth and moisturizing, though, so they have that going for them. And they’re just gorgeous in the tube!
3. Insignia Mobile Battery: before we headed to Comic-Con I picked up a couple mobile battery chargers so my husband and I could play Pokémon Go on our trip without worrying about running out of battery. This particular battery pack cost $12.99 at Best Buy and it gives enough juice for a full iPhone charge. I used it several times at SDCC and it definitely kept my phone going until bedtime. Had I played the game all day every day I would have needed a battery pack with more charges, but this little gadget worked fine for my Pokémon Go usage. It’s lightweight and compact, which is exactly what I needed. The only issue is that you also need to carry your iPhone cord with you, because the cord that the charger comes with doesn’t fit into the jack at the bottom of an iPhone. That cord only fits into the charger itself, which then connects to your computer via USB so you can charge the pack before you head out.
4. Sixpoint Jammer: I had never heard of a gose-style beer before so when I saw this at my grocery store I wanted to try it. Gose beers are brewed with salt and coriander, which sounded interesting to me. As it turns out, I’m not a huge fan of this style of beer (not that I’m a big beer fan to begin with). It’s really sour and actually fairly salty, which just isn’t my speed. But, hey, at least I tried it!
5. Giovanni 2chic Avocado & Olive Oil Ultra-Moist Conditioner: I picked up this conditioner at Target recently because my hair had been feeling kind of yucky and dry. And this stuff is great! A little goes a long way with my super fine hair, so this tube will last me quite some time. The conditioner really makes my hair feel soft and moisturized, and it has a nice, light scent. Definitely a solid purchase for me. 🙂