Geeking Out This Week
1. Avengers: Infinity War: I won’t spoil a thing in case you’re one of the few people around the world who hasn’t seen this movie yet. People have a lot of opinions and feelings about Infinity War, seemingly more so than the usual Marvel movie. I’ll simply say I thought it was tons of fun!
2. The Stair Car: did you know that season five of Arrested Development premieres on May 29 on Netflix? I had no idea until the other day! The infamous stair car is touring several big cities prior to the season premiere, and it made a couple stops here in DC the other day. One of its stops happened to be right down the street from John’s place of work so I went down there to check it out before having dinner with him. I can’t wait for this show to come back!!
3. Ash vs. Evil Dead: I’ve finally started watching this horror comedy now that it’s on Netflix. The Evil Dead movies always crack me up so much, and this series fully maintains the campy, uber-gory vibe of the earlier films. Bruce Campbell is a god damn national treasure. One scene in particular in the second episode of season two had me laughing my ass off. If you’ve seen it, you know exactly what I’m talking about. Unfortunately, the third season that just aired is the final season. But hey—at least we got three more seasons of Bruce Campbell doing his thing (plus…LUCY LAWLESS!).
4. boscia Tsubaki™ Swirl Two-Part Gel & Cream Deep Hydration Moisturizer: this deluxe sample came in the brand’s Besties kit that I bought during Sephora’s Spring Bonus last month. I was really excited to try this gel-cream hybrid because it looks looks so cool in the jar. So far, though, I’m not all that impressed with its hydration. I don’t think I’d buy this one full sized, unfortunately.
5. Florals! I fell in love with this gorgeous floral pattern on a dress at H&M the other day. The colors are so pretty, but I also love that the pattern includes several types of orchids! I actually didn’t like the dress style so I didn’t bother to try it on. But I’m going to scour the H&M website to see if they have other items in this print that I might like better.