The other day I posted about my winter morning skin care routine, and as promised I’m also sharing my current nighttime routine. You may notice some repeat products from my AM stash:
My nighttime routine varies based on a magical algorithm (i.e., a combination of factors including my mood, my laziness level, and how much makeup I wore that day, if at all). I am one of those people who will, at minimum, take off all my makeup and moisturize before bed—even after parties that involve ALLLL THE WINE. 😛 I just can’t deal with doing to bed with makeup on. Plus, I enjoy the winding-down aspect at night; sleep experts recommend engaging in a consistent pre-bed ritual or routine, so this skin care process (plus brushing and flossing my teeth) has the added bonus of serving that purpose.*
- Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water: I soak a cotton pad with this product and use it as my first pass at makeup removal. I mostly use it as an eye makeup remover, but it does a decent job of removing face makeup too. On the laziest of nights, this serves as my sole cleanser.
- Boscia Purifying Cleansing Gel: if I wear face makeup like tinted moisturizer, BB cream, or foundation (not a daily thing for me), I’ll wash my face in addition to using micellar water for eye makeup removal. I like this cleanser because it makes my face feel squeaky clean! If I’m not wearing face makeup and am not feeling super lazy I’ll skip the cleanser and use whatever face wipes I have at the time (not pictured, but it’s currently Andalou Naturals Age Defying Micellar Facial Swipes. I don’t love them and won’t re-purchase).
- Dr.G Gowoonsesang Derma Dr Lab Hydromoist Toner: as in the AM, I’ll apply this after cleansing.
- Andalou Naturals Luminous Eye Serum: same under-eye product that I use in the AM.
- Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Framboos™ Glycolic Night Serum: ooh, this stuff is good. I only started using it a few weeks ago and it tingles a little after applying, so I use it every other night or so. But I do think it makes my complexion a bit more radiant in the morning!
- Drunk Elephant Lala Retro Whipped Cream: same moisturizer I’m currently using in the AM.
- Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask: this product is so great for nighttime. I apply a pretty thick layer to my lips before bed and most of the time, IT’S STILL ON when I wake up in the morning!
So that’s all the stuff I slap on my face before I hit the hay! I guess you could call my overall skin care routine a modified Korean skin care routine. I go through a lot of steps, but not as many as a true Korean skin care routine.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this peek at how I’m taking care of my skin this winter. What’s your nighttime skin care routine like? Do you follow it consistently?
*Not that this ritual actually helps me get to sleep. I am garbage at going to sleep.