**Nécessaire gifted me the products in this post for consideration. All links are affiliate links and I will earn a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking them. This post contains my honest opinion of the products I received.**
Sephora Rouge Holiday 2020 Haul
Welp…I wasn’t planning on buying a lot of stuff during the recent Sephora Holiday Bonus, but I ended up placing three separate orders. So here we are. To be fair, I used a $100 Beauty Insider gift card for one of the orders (I had exchanged 2500 points for the gift card), and the 20% discount didn’t apply to that order. But I’m including those items here anyway.
Below is a pic of my first batch of products. Because I placed the gift card order right after the 20% off order, Sephora mailed everything in one box! Hooray for a little less packaging and waste!
Still Feeling Spooky
1. Meow or Never Pullover Sweater: I forgot to write about this sweater when I got it! I ordered this adorable Halloween cat-print sweater from ModCloth and used a 30% off code. They sold out, but it’s back in stock and is currently 30% off. So get one if you want to ensure you have something cute for spooky season next year! It’s comfy but the sleeves are a little short on me. My arms are super long, though, so that’s not unusual.
Happy Friday the 13th! WE DID IT!!!
1. WE HAVE A NEW PRESIDENT: well…we’ll have one early next year. AND we have the first Black, Indian-American, woman vice president (elect). This is VERY EXCITING. I will never forget the moment I wandered downstairs last Saturday morning and glanced at the TV. I had it tuned in to NBC in case anything major happened. And something MAJOR was finally unfolding: NBC’s lower third graphic had been updated to say “President-Elect Joe Biden.” I unmuted the TV and listened to the anchors announce they were projecting Biden and Harris as the election winners. I burst into tears of relief.
It was a long-ass week with the best outcome. I wish I had felt comfortable enough to go downtown and celebrate with the crowds (Trump is VERY much not welcome in this city), but alas, covid. All that said, we’re in for a rough few months; it’s been nearly a week and, as expected, Trump hasn’t conceded. That asshole is going to fight as hard as he possibly can to stay in office, so this story is far from over. And let’s not forget that more than 70 million American voted for to keep him in office.
Halloween, Pumpkins, Election Day
1. Lady Pennywise: Pandemic Halloween has come and gone and we’ve moved on to bigger and more important things…like the outcome of this week’s presidential election (still waiting as of this writing). But I had to share my costume from Spirit Halloween. I wore a mask when outside on the sidewalk (distanced) with neighbors. We did have some trick or treaters, and I’m happy to report that we got rid of all the individual bags of candy that I hung on the fence for them to take as they walked by!
My October 2020 Horror Watchlist
My sixth annual 31 Days of Horror challenge is complete! I definitely had a little horror movie fatigue by the end of the month; it’s a “what the hell do I watch because there are too many options” sort of feeling. There was only one day this time around that I didn’t have a chance to sit down and watch a horror movie. But I did watch a movie that day and listed it here anyway.
Hair Care, Masks, and more
Happy Pandemic Halloween! I hope you have a fun, safe, and socially distant spooky celebration. As I’m sure you’re well aware, this is my favorite holiday. I’m dressing up tonight even though I’m only going to hang out in my yard with a mask on! Stay tuned for costume and makeup photos.
I emptied a bunch of beauty products in October, including a few full sized hair care products. I also decluttered a couple items that needed to go.
The Boys and…more Fall Stuff
1. The Boys Season Two: I loved the first season of this Amazon original, but I actually loved season two even more! The new character Stormfront, deliciously played by Aya Cash, is an intense addition to an already stellar lineup. And she’s such a great foil for Homelander, played with psychotic fervor by Antony Starr. The hyper-relevant storyline of this season is at times infuriating and uncomfortable. I’m curious where they’ll take the Scientology Church of the Collective storyline moving forward. Jensen Ackles of Supernatural fame is joining season three, and I CANNOT WAIT.
Leaning Into Spooky Season
1. Sam Funko Pop Figure Deluxe: yes, I’m kicking off this Friday Five with another Trick ‘r Treat item. I pre-ordered this Spirit Halloween exclusive back in late August, and it just arrived this week. HOW FREAKING CUTE IS THIS LITTLE GUY?! I’ll probably take him out of the box eventually but I’m leaving him in there for now.
Cozy Clothes for the Pandemic (and Fall)
I’m back with my first Stitch Fix [affiliate link] review of 2020! I have gotten a couple Fixes since the last time I posted about this style subscription box, but didn’t get around to photographing the pieces before I sent them back so I didn’t have anything to share here. Then the pandemic hit and I kept rescheduling my Fix because I really had no need for new clothes other than workout stuff. I forgot to push my Fix back this time, so once I realized it was already too late I decided to request some comfy pieces for fall. Let’s be honest, I don’t need any new dresses or nice tops because I have nowhere to wear them.
Take a look at what Jennifer, my stylist, sent me this time: