Game of Thrones Concert, Kavanaugh Hearing, Bubble Sheet Mask, etc
1. Game of Thrones Live Concert Experience: John planned a surprise date night for us this week, knowing that I would most likely figure out what it was beforehand. He wasn’t wrong—I did figure it out the day beforehand, but that didn’t lessen the excitement for me one bit! This Game of Thrones concert was amazing. The show’s composer, Ramin Djawadi, conducted an orchestra playing songs from the show while scenes played in the background. If you’re a Game of Thrones fan, I highly recommend this concert!
2. Believe Survivors: yesterday was the hearing with Dr. Christine Blasey Ford regarding her accusations against Supreme Court nominee Kavanaugh. I walked over to the Dirksen building to see what was going on outside. At the time I went, there was a small group of women in support of Dr. Ford. I did also see a number of people with “Confirm Kavanaugh” signs, including several young women wearing “Women for Kavanaugh” shirts. I truly do not understand how women can support him at this point. Please please please VOTE on November 6! Find out how to register to vote here.
3. GlamGlow Bubblesheet Oxygenating Deep Cleanse Mask: I was thrilled to receive two of these sheet masks in my fall FabFitFun box! I tried one out yesterday morning and it was a lot of fun. GlamGlow 100% made this mask to be Instagram-friendly. You wet your face before adhering the sheet mask, and it starts to bubble up within the first minute. You only leave it on for three minutes and then massage the remaining bubbles into your face before rinsing. My skin felt super clean and glowy afterward. I’m looking forward to using the other one and I might buy some more of these, though they’re pricey for a single-use mask ($9 apiece or $19 for a set of three).
4. Pretty Pink Cocktail: last weekend John and I grabbed dinner at Taqueria Del Barrio in Petworth. When I saw this cocktail name on the menu, I had to order it. It’s called “Take a Bite of My Flower.” It tasted so great and I appreciated the Dendrobium orchid garnish!
5. Ghiradelli Salted Caramel Mug Brownie Mix [paid link]: sometimes, you just want a quick little sweet treat. I’ve been loving mug brownies and cakes because they’re super easy and a make perfect single serving. These salted caramel mug brownies are no exception! All you do is stir four teaspoons of water into a mug with the mix and microwave it for 65 seconds. YUM!