A little about me: I’ve been writing nearly my entire life. As a young, shy introvert I’d hole myself up in my room and write stories using colorful pens in notebooks with fuzzy kittens or magical unicorns on the cover and pastel colored paper inside; my closet was bursting with boxes filled with these notebooks.
Now that I’m slightly more grown up, my writing merely takes up space on my laptop and in far corners of the Internet. I very much enjoy sharing bits and pieces of my daily life here.
Just a few fun facts about me, in list form:
- I like making lists.
- Cat lady here: my husband and I have a cat*, Zoe, and I’ve volunteered with cat rescue organizations.
- I sometimes (okay, often) eat pizza or nachos for breakfast.
- If I eat a meal that excludes cheese, I crave it at my next meal.
- All horror movies entertain me, even the really terrible ones.
- I enjoy plucking my eyebrows.
- In grad school for forensic psychology, I wrote my master’s thesis on the lighthearted topic of classifying postmortem behaviors in serial homicide. #SSDGM
- I moved to Washington DC in 2017 after living in NYC for more than 15 years, and I am loving the change.
Thanks for reading,
Sarah (aka “Herman”)
*We also had a wonderful cat named Walter, whom we put to sleep at the age of 19. He was the best cat and we miss him so much.