An All “S” Friday Five: Seaweed Mask, Sun Protection, Sparkles, Succession, and Salad
1. SkinFood Seaweed Marine Food Gel Mask [paid link]: I haven’t shared a sheet mask in a Friday Five in awhile! This one came in the Soko Glam anti-aging sheet mask set that I got for my birthday. This mask is different from most other sheet masks I’ve tried; it comes in two pieces and it’s a slippery gel rather than a serum-soaked cotton. The pieces were hard to handle, but once I had affixed them I was comfortable. I always love an extra Lecter-y sheet mask, and this is definitely one of them. The mask left a bit of a sticky residue, but my skin felt nice and moisturized afterward.
2. EltaMD UV Daily Facial Sunscreen Broad-Spectrum SPF 40 [paid link]: during my facial in Napa, the esthetician recommended this brand for a daily sunscreen. So when I returned home I promptly ordered a bottle from Amazon ($26.50). I’ve been using it daily for about a week now and I really like it! This is a physical sunscreen, meaning it sits on the skin and blocks the sun’s rays. It’s almost (but not quite) moisturizing enough to use on its own. I may have found my new favorite facial sunscreen.
3. KiraKira+: I’ve seen so many Instagram posts of beauty products that give off an insane amount of twinkles and sparkles. I had assumed that professional photography equipment was being used in order to achieve that effect. But when I saw one particular post this week it dawned on me that there must be an app with sparkle filters. So I Googled it and found KiraKira+, which I immediately bought for $0.99. I’ve already had some fun playing around with the sparkle filters…check out how my new Zodiac palette looks on video with the KiraKira+ filter…SO FUN:
4. Succession: I haven’t felt this lukewarm about a new HBO show in, well, maybe ever. John and I recently started watching it and near the end of the second episode I was like “I AM DONE WITH THIS.” I didn’t give a crap about any of the characters, so I also gave zero fucks about who was going to run the family business. I’ve heard that the show is really good, though, so I decided to give it another chance. The third episode was better, so I’ll try the fourth and then see if I want to continue with it.
5. Mintwood Place: John and I had a double date dinner at this Adams Morgan restaurant last Friday and it was so good! We started with a salad so pretty I had to share it here. The menu describes the salad as “burrata, beets, hazelnuts, basil oil.” Sounds good, but the actual salad is even better than the description. It also came with orange slices and pomegranate seeds. SO TASTY. You just can’t go wrong with burrata.