September Empties + Declutters
OCTOBER IS HERE! I could not be more thrilled. The morning air is now crisp and very comfortable for my morning walks. We’ve been able to turn the air conditioner off and open the windows a lot of the time. This is my favorite kind of weather!
I didn’t empty too many products last month, and I ended up decluttering a few things:
I only did two sheet masks in September. Wash-off masks have been more my speed lately, but I’ve even backed off those recently because of a weird itchy breakout that might be a reaction to an ingredient in one of my products. I haven’t figured out what’s causing it yet.
Would I Repurchase?
- Terre Mère Aloe and Tea Tree Toner: this came in my Summer 2020 FabFitFun box. I used it up pretty quickly, but I don’t think it did much for my skin. At $54, it’s pretty pricey for a toner that wasn’t too exciting for me, so I wouldn’t purchase.
- ColourPop Brow Boss Gel: I’m decluttering this one. I think there’s some product left in the tube but it’s pretty old at this point. It’s a pretty good brow product at a very affordable price ($7!) and fortunately I have a backup in my stash.
- Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask Mini: this lip mask came in the Sephora Soko to Tokyo set during the holidays last year. I bought a full sized version of this product a couple years ago; I liked it at first but came to dislike it. Since I got a mini in the set, I decided to give it another shot. And…I still don’t like it. People on Instagram rave about this lip mask, but it’s not for me. My lips actually got flaky after a few nights of wearing this to bed recently. No thank you.
- Tarte Clean Queen Vegan Deodorant: one of many Tarte deodorants I’ve emptied. Sadly, it no longer seems to be available! I would totally repurchase it, and I’m hoping they’re just repackaging the product. I’m currently using Drunk Elephant’s deodorant, but I’m over the brand and would love to go back to Tarte.
- Marc by Marc Jacobs Classic Eau de Parfum: this empty hurts. You know how I always talk about hating fragrance samples and being super picky because I already have my one-and-only? This is the one. I’ve had this bottle for probably at least a decade; it takes me forever to empty a perfume because I only use one spritz at a time. MJ’s original fragrance isn’t available on Sephora, but fortunately you can buy it from his website (though it’s sold out as of this writing). I do have a rollerball and a travel sized spritz bottle to tide me over!
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion, Original: I’m decluttering this mini because I have a bit of an irritation at the outer corner of my right eye and I’m wondering if it’s from this stuff. It’s pretty old, so better safe than sorry. I do have a fresh backup mini in my makeup drawer. Love this primer!
- Spongellé Boxed Flower in Sweet Cedarwood: from my Fall 2020 FabFitFun box. The scent of this body wash-infused buffer was WAY too strong for me. I moved it out of our master bathroom shower into a different shower, but we could smell it down the hallway. I tossed this product after using it once because it was smelling up our house.
A Couple Masks
- Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Mask: great mask! I tend to buy multipacks of this one when I can get a discount, and I have a few left.
- A’pieu My Skin-Fit Sheet Mask Sea Buckthorn: from a Soko Glam hydrating sheet mask set that I received for my birthday last year. This mask did a good job hydrating, and my skin felt really smooth after using it. I’d totally repurchase!
Thus ends my September empties roundup.
I know a lot of states and cities have loosened their pandemic restrictions, but it’s looking like the virus numbers are starting to creep up again in some areas. Please continue to be cautious, wash your hands, don’t touch your face…and if you must leave your home, keep your distance from others and WEAR A DAMN MASK. While we’re at it, also please vote, and vote as early as you can (especially if you’re voting by mail)!