1. Easy Vegetarian Ramen: my husband and I were both a little under the weather last weekend so on Sunday I made us a hearty, soothing batch of vegetarian ramen using this recipe from A Couple Cooks. I used bok choy as the greens, and for a little extra flavor I threw in a packet of Kikkoman tofu-spinach miso dried soup mix that we’ve had in our cupboard forever. I omitted the radishes and sweet peppers, but we both really liked this soup and thought it was a very good first homemade ramen effort!
2. Westworld: to me, HBO’s new show is like the spawn of Battlestar Galactica, Dollhouse, and The Hunger Games set in Deadwood, with some Sleep No More thrown in there for fun. Basically, it’s awesome and you should definitely start watching it if you haven’t already (it’s only three episodes in as of this blog post). The weirdest thing about the show is the photoshopping they seem to have done to Evan Rachel Wood’s face in some of the closeups (maybe to erase acne or something?).
3. Klorane Eye Make-Up Remover Lotion with Soothing Cornflower: I recently switched from Kiehl’s eye makeup remover to this product because it doesn’t contain parabens. So far so good, but I think I might try the brand’s gel version when I run out of the liquid.
4. Knitting: my State Street Cowl is progressing very nicely! I had a rough start but now it’s going really well and I’ll be finished with it soon.
5. Jolly Rancher Lollipops: it’s a fact of life that I eat more candy around Halloween than I do the rest of the year (I know I’m not the only one). These lollipops were the object of my affection at the store today.