A Little Spooky, A Little Sweet
1. What We Do in the Shadows: I truly cannot say enough good things about this Staten Island vampire roommates mockumentary. We’re almost finished watching season three, and it continues to make me LOL more than almost anything else. It’s hilarious, even when it’s gory (which is often because…you know…vampires), and I highly recommend it. It’s an FX show that’s available to stream on Hulu.
2. Chipkick Sprinkle Vanilla Sugar Cookie: I’ve ordered from this local bakery before, and really enjoyed their big fat cookies. So when they released special Halloween batches last week I had to order a few treats! So far I’ve only tried this sugar cookie with cute Halloween sprinkles, and it was delicious. I also got a couple of their other Halloween cookies and while I have yet to try them, they look delectable.
3. It Neibolt House Figural Bag Clip: my friend got me this little horror blind bag and I ended up with the creepy haunted house from the recent It movies! So adorable. I kind of want to order a bunch of these, because all of the options are pretty awesome.
4. Cattleya Mrs. Herbert Greaves: I’m so excited that this orchid began blooming last weekend! She hasn’t bloomed for me in probably five or six years. It was so fun to watch the buds develop and open up. I think she’ll end up with another couple of blooms soon. The bloom on the left is oddly kind of stuck as is, but it’s still pretty.
5. Emmy Squared: I forgot to post about our dinner date at this Brooklyn-based Detroit-style pizzeria a few weeks back. And we’ve already been back a second time! I’ve been wanting to try the place ever since we lived in Brooklyn, and I’m glad we finally ate there because it is SO GOOD. The first time we went I got the Colony², which has pepperoni, pickled jalapenos, and honey. Detroit pizza is new to me, but it’s really good. There are so many things on the menu that I want to try, so we’ll definitely return again.