So Many Beauty Empties
Happy October! I ended up with what feels like a ton of empties in September. Lots more than in August. It’s that thing where you know you’re running low on some products so you end up using them more often so you can move on to the next thing. Just me? 😛 It always feels like such an accomplishment to empty products!
I did a fair amount of sheet masking last month; one of these packages contained seven masks, so I used one a day for a whole week!
Would I Repurchase?
Note: products with an asterisk were gifted by the brand.
- Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water All-in-1: a multiple times repurchase, and I’ve already opened my next bottle.
- Algenist Genius Liquid Collagen: this was a July 2018 Play! by Sephora sample. I didn’t bother using it regularly for a long time, but I think it does smooth wrinkles a bit. It’s expensive, though, so I most likely wouldn’t buy it full sized.
- Everyone 3 in 1 Unscented Lotion: I finally upgraded to a giant pump bottle of this lotion, which will last me forever!
- Dr. Brandt Needles No More Wrinkle Smoothing Cream*: I liked this cream, but because it’s pricey and wrinkles aren’t my main concern at the moment I won’t be buying it anytime soon.
- Tarte Clean Queen Vegan Deodorant: I’ve repurchased this several times and already have a fresh stick.
- Ecolips Mongo Kiss Peppermint Lip Balm: love this stuff! I’ve repurchased it a couple times and would buy it again. It comes in a fat tube, so it lasts a long time.
- bareminerals Skinlongevity Vital Power Eye Cream*: this is a nice eye cream, but it didn’t mix well with undereye concealer, which is frustrating to me. If I do buy it in the future I’ll only use it at night.
- Farmacy Dew It All Eye Cream: I received this cream in my Fall 2018 FabFitFun box…and I loved it. I didn’t have any issues with it pilling with concealer, so I used it as my morning eye cream. I would definitely buy this in the future.
- Alaffia Coconut Reishi Shampoo with Henna: Whole Foods included this mini in this year’s limited edition beauty bag. It was just okay for my hair so I don’t plan to purchase it.
- Herbivore Rose Hibiscus Hydrating Mist: not pictured because I’ve decanted my Juice Beauty Hydrating Mist into the bottle (the Juice spray nozzle wasn’t great). I received this mist in the Limited Edition Birchbox x Vogue 125 set. It took me a long time to finish up! It’s a lovely mist and I’d consider purchasing it in the future.
Masks and More
- 111Skin Rose Gold Brightening Facial Treatment Mask: this was from a very expensive set of five masks in my Summer 2019 FabFitFun box. Thought I’ve only used one so far, I don’t think they’re worth the price ($160 for five!).
- LuLuLun Premium Yamanashi Peach Mask: my friend traveled to Japan this spring and brought me this pack of seven sheet masks made with peaches grown in Yamanashi. I used one a day for a full week, and I feel like my skin looked great after seven days! I’d buy these, but I’m interested in trying some of the brand’s other locally-grown fruit masks too.
- FaceTory Ace that Face Collagen Mask: I really liked this mask from my February FaceTory shipment and would purchase it on my own.
- Alba Botanica Hawaiian Facial Mask Pore-fecting Papaya Enzyme: great mask! I got this packet in the Whole Foods beauty bag, and I would buy a full sized jar.
- Burt’s Bees Facial Cleansing Towelettes Sensitive Skin: I’ve repurchased these many times and would do so again.
- Primera Lotus Seed Sheet Mask Hydrate + Soothe: I enjoyed this mask and would repurchase.
- Wander Beauty Baggage Claim Rose Gold Eye Masks: love these! I still have a few but I’m sure I’ll buy more eventually.
- Patchology Flashpatch Rejuvenating Eye Gels: because they were part of Ulta’s recent 21 Days of Beauty sale, I’ve already purchased a jar of 30 pairs of these!
I’m running low on a few other products right now, so I already know I’ll have at least a couple empties this month!
*The brand gifted me the product for consideration.