**All product links in this post are affiliate links. If you click on an affiliate link and make a purchase, I’ll earn a small commission.**
Lots of Beauty Empties in May
Happy June—my birthday month! I had a whole mess of beauty empties in May, so I photographed them by category. First is the skin care:
Next is the hair care:
Plus some body care and fragrance, along with an old mascara:
Would I Repurchase?
Quick reminder: all links to products below are affiliate links, and if you shop using any of these links I will earn a small commission.
- Bioderma Sensibio H20 Make-up Removing Micelle Solution: very nice and would repurchase again, though the more affordable Garnier is just as good.
- Thayer’s Facial Toner, Unscented: already have another bottle in my cabinet. I’m trying to use up other toners before I open the next bottle, and I’m now not 100% convinced it’s essential to my routine.
- Derma-E Hydrating Gentle Cleanser: just ok; I thought it might have caused a small breakout when I first began using it, but that cleared up so it may have been caused by something else. Probably wouldn’t repurchase, though.
- Farmacy Cheer Up Brightening Vitamin C Eye Cream: good but the texture and color changed when it was almost empty, so I got rid of the last tiny bit. I must not have gone through it quickly enough. I would repurchase the brand’s Dew It All eye cream over this one.
- Loli Beauty x Natch Beaut Pank Pitaya Mask: loved this mask! I wrote a full review of the mask when I first tried it. I’d totally repurchase this mask.
- Prose Conditioner: This custom-blend hair care brand seems pretty good. Like with the shampoo, the conditioner was nothing life-changing, but I will likely repurchase at some point because I really loved the botanica scent!
- Whole Foods 365 Herbal Mint Shampoo: fine, nothing exciting, but I do love a minty fresh shampoo in the morning. And the WF house brand is quite affordable.
- Kristin Ess Scalp Purifying Micellar Shampoo: I liked this scalp-cleansing shampoo and might repurchase. I’m trying one from a different brand first, though.
- Briogeo Be Gentle, Be Kind Avocado + Kiwi Mega Moisture Superfood Mask: pretty good, but again, nothing life-changing. Not sure it’s necessary enough in my hair routine to repurchase. I also don’t love it when shower products come in jars.
BODY, FRAGRANCE, MASCARA
- Venus 2-in-1 Cleanser & Shave Gel: I used this for shaving my bikini line. It’s a little pricey for what it is ($14.99…hello, pink tax) and I don’t think I truly need a dedicated shave gel for that area.
- Nécessaire The Body Lotion [gifted]: still loving this product even though the brand no longer sends me gifts. I have a couple more bottles as backup.
- Kosasport Chemistry AHA Serum Deodorant: from a gift set I ordered early this year. Not bad, but nothing spectacular. I’d consider it if I find myself having trouble finding a good natural deodorant.
- Heretic Parfum Dirty Fig: a little on the sweet side for my taste, but I liked it best when mixed with other Heretic fragrances (like Dirty Jasmine, which is currently unavailable).
- Heretic Parfum Dirty Mango sample: not my favorite scent, would not purchase.
- Maybelline Lash Sensational Sky High Mascara: I bought this after hearing on a beauty podcast that it was one of those viral TikTok products. I LOVE the original Lash Sensational, but this one isn’t as good. I’ve decided to cease immediately buying products that podcasters say have gone viral on TikTok. There’s too much garbage on that fucking app. /middleagedrant
Of course, I used up some sheet masks as well:
- Dr. Jart+ Cryo Rubber with Firming Collagen: this mask was extra Lecter-y, so I loved it for the creep factor. I posted my thoughts on IG, but overall I liked it and would repurchase.
- Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Mask: love it. Unfortunately, they don’t seem to sell it anymore!
- Wander Beauty Baggage Claim Eye Masks (x2): great, would still repurchase.
- Boscia Pore Purifying Black Charcoal Strip: I don’t use these often because they can be harsh on the skin. I’ll use up the couple I have left, but will stick with chemical exfoliants moving forward.
- Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels (x2): good stuff, will repurchase.
That’s a wrap for May! Have a SAFE June, everyone!