A Ton of Empties—For Me
Happy May, everyone! In March I wasn’t sure if I would end up with enough empties to warrant writing a post about them (I did). This time around, though, I have approximately one shit ton of empties to write about!
In April I was close to finishing a bunch of products, so I ended up using them more frequently in order to empty them out. I ended up emptying a dozen containers—mostly full sized, too.
My brief take on each of these…
- Andalou Naturals Pumpkin Honey Glycolic Mask – loved it! I feel like it did brighten my skin a little each time I used it. It’s not terribly expensive, so I would repurchase.
- Drunk Elephant Lala Retro Whipped Cream – this cream was great for my skin throughout the winter. DC is dry in the winter and our apartment’s heat sucks all remaining moisture out of my skin. Lala Retro saved me from experiencing gross flaky skin. I would repurchase for winter when I have the funds (Drunk Elephant is not known for its affordability).
- re:p Bio Fresh Mask With Real Calming Herb – I also loved this mask. I first received a sample of it from Birchbox and liked it enough to buy full sized. I would repurchase, but need to wait until I can spend a little money (it’s $32).
- Thayer’s Witch Hazel Rose Petal Alcohol-Free Toner – I enjoyed using this deluxe sample of rose-scented toner from the Whole Foods Beauty Bag. I just ordered the plain version of this toner, which I’ve used before. I liked the rose scent but also found it slightly unnecessary.
- Andalou Naturals Sunflower & Citrus Brilliant Shine Shampoo – I’ve already cracked open a fresh bottle of this shampoo. It smells good and makes my hair feel soft. Can’t complain!
- Belif Moisturizing Eye Bomb – this deluxe sample from Play! by Sephora was pretty good but nothing revolutionary. I won’t be buying it full sized anytime soon due to the $48 price tag.
- Acure Clarifying Lemongrass Conditioner – this conditioner (pictured in the brand’s previous packaging) was just okay. I might repurchase if I am having trouble finding something else I like better.
- Verb Hydrating Conditioner – I feel the same way about this conditioner as I do a about the Acure one. It’s fine, nothing special. I probably won’t repurchase but might try something else by Verb.
- evanhealy Rose Petal HydroSoul – loved this hydrosol spray! I spritzed my face with it before applying the brand’s rosehip oil (below). It smells amazing and feels so refreshing. I’d consider repurchasing at some point.
- evanhealy Rosehip Treatment Facial Oil – this oil was okay; I didn’t really see any improvement in hyperpigmentation or fine lines. While it does smell rosy, it also has a strong carrot smell that is ever-so-slightly offputting. I probably wouldn’t repurchase.
- Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum – this was my second bottle and I continue to like the product. It does a good job of brightening, but IT IS EXPENSIVE ($80). Odds on an eventual repurchase are good.
- Drunk Elephant B-Hydra Intensive Hydration Gel – so far this is the only Drunk Elephant product I haven’t been impressed with. It’s just not moisturizing enough for my skin so I wouldn’t purchase it full sized.
Have you used any of the products I emptied in April? What was your own empties situation like last month?