First Empties of 2020
I always love sharing my empties each month because finishing products feels like such an accomplishment! While I didn’t empty as many products as I did in December, I still did pretty well:
Here are the masks I used in January:
Would I Repurchase?
- Bliss What-a-Melon Replenishing Watermelon Toner: I bought this toner on sale from Ulta last fall. The watermelon scent was nice and the toner helped remove makeup traces after washing my face at night. I didn’t notice any improvement in my skin tone or hydration from using this product, though. It’s not bad, but I’ll stick with my Thayer’s because it’s cheaper.
- bareMinerals Skinlongevity Vital Power Infusion Serum: bareMinerals gifted me a bottle of this serum and I really liked it, so I purchased one for myself during the spring Sephora VIB bonus. So this bottle is the second I’ve emptied but the first one that I purchased on my own. I have a couple other serums I need to work my way through now, but this is good stuff and I’d consider repurchasing.
- Milk Makeup Kush Lip Balm in Green Dragon: this mini from the Give Me More Lip Set isn’t quite an empty, but the balm broke off and became unusable. I liked the balm, but the formula is a little too soft for a stick format. I tried only twisting the balm up a tiny bit to apply it, but it still ended up a mess in the tube. Maybe the full sized balm is a little sturdier?
- LA Girl Shady Slim Brow Pencil: a makeup product that I actually finished! Woohoo! I’m not big on penciling my brows because they’re pretty full on their own, but this drugstore buy served me well. I’d consider repurchasing.
- Virtue Labs Full Shampoo & Conditioner: I’ve seen people talk about this brand on Instagram and I got curious. So I used a discount code to buy minis and liked them enough to ask for the full sized bottles as holiday gifts. The shampoo’s scent reminds me of Biolage, which I love, and these products leave my hair feeling soft. I don’t think my hair necessarily looks any fuller, but TBH I don’t think anything really does.
- Bumble and bumble Thickening Spray: I received this mini in my May 2018 Play! by Sephora box. Remember when I used to review those?! This spray was alright: my hair didn’t really look or feel much thicker when I used it. At least the scent didn’t piss me off like so many other hair care brands.
- Mamonde Hydrating Beauty Water: this mini came with some of the birthday gifts my mom sent last summer, and it’s the second one I used up. It smells so nice, but I don’t feel like it hydrated my skin much. Are you seeing a theme here? 😛
- LuLuLun Precious Red Masks: this brand recently sent me three packs of sheet masks to try out! Stay tuned for a review once I’ve had a chance to try them all. But this pack included seven sheet masks and I used them all up, so I did like them.
- Neogen Pink Cactus Liftmask Knit Mask: I really like this mask. I think it does a good job of, at least temporarily, smoothing the lines on my forehead. I have two more of these and will definitely buy more.
- Leaders Moisturizing Recovery Mask: this mask did a good job of hydrating my skin right away, but I did still start to feel a little dry later on in the day. I’m not sure I’d purchase this one.
- Blaq Hydrogel Eye Mask: it took me so long to use all five packs of these masks from my winter 2018 FabFitFun box! That’s not because I didn’t like them…I did. There’s just always something else shiny and new to try. #skincareaddictproblems I think I like the Wander Beauty Baggage Claim Eye Masks better, but I wouldn’t rule out buying these.
- Patchology Happy Place Eye Gels: these were also a birthday gift last summer and I’ve been enjoying using them. In fact, I just used up my last two packs. As I’ve said before, I want to try their other varieties next.
- Baroness Calendula Flower Mask Sheet: I enjoyed this mask from my March FaceTory shipment last year and I would buy this one on my own.
That’s a wrap on my January empties! How often do you empty makeup products? I hope more often than I do, haha. 😛