The Outsider, Sephora Mini Haul, and more
1. The Outsider: so far we’ve only watched the first three episodes of this HBO series based on a Stephen King novel. But I am INTO IT. We all know Mr. King has a track record of starting stories off with a bang and then allowing them to fizzle by the end. Since this is an HBO show, I’m hopeful. The cast is GREAT (Ben Mendelsohn, Jason Bateman, Cynthia Erivo, and more). The vibe is sort of True Detective season one, and I’m very curious to see where the story goes. Fingers crossed it has a good ending! Now I want to read the book, too.
2. Mini Sephora Haul: I picked up a couple things at the new Georgetown location opening two weeks ago. I went in planning to buy the new Drunk Elephant F-Balm Electrolyte Waterfacial [paid link], which came with a mini of the T.L.C. Framboos Glycolic Resurfacing Night Serum [paid link]. I’ve used Framboos before and it’s really good! I wasn’t planning to buy anything else, but the Natasha Denona Mini Gold Eye Palette [paid link] caught my eye in the checkout line. So that came home with me too. Because I received a $20 gift card for being one of the first 100 in line for the store opening, I was able to use that on my purchase!
3. February Bullet Journal Spread: I can’t believe February starts tomorrow! At the end of every month I spend some quality time drawing out the next month’s spreads in my bullet journal. I don’t always share them because sometimes I’m not too proud of my drawings, haha. But I think my Feb spread turned out okay.
4. FabFitFun Winter Edit: I don’t usually buy from FabFitFun [referral link] outside of the seasonal box, but this time around I decided to get a couple things. What I ordered: Patchology Flashmasque Illuminate 5 Minute Sheet Mask and Ettika Celestial Rainbow Crystal Stud Set. I’ve enjoyed the Patchology eye patches that I’ve used so I wanted to try one of their full face sheet masks as well. And I can always use more stud earrings!
5. Ted Baker Crossbody Bag: I recently splurged (a little) on a new crossbody bag. I rarely buy designer handbags but I finally got one because the strap on my Target crossbody broke one night while John and I were out and about. And that was the second bag strap to break on me (the other was a Forever21 or H&M bag). So I got this super cute navy bag from HauteLook! I love the rose gold details. Because I bought the bag from HauteLook, it cost about half the retail price. Fingers crossed that this bag lasts longer than my less expensive ones.