Five Things from Early 2019
1. New Year’s Eve Makeup: we had dinner with another couple on NYE so of course I wanted to get gussied up. I did a glowy face with a subtle soft glam eye and a bold red lip (ColourPop Lux Lipstick in Liquid Courage). The lipstick lasted really well through dinner and lots of drinks! I also busted out my one statement necklace for the occasion.
2. Multimasking: I decided to go hard with masking when I got up on New Year’s Day. I’ve had a bit of a breakout going on on my cheeks so I used Aztec clay on them. Then I used the Wander Beauty Baggage Claim eye masks to help depuff from the night before. I finished my masking with the Botanic Farm Green Tea Mask from Facetory. Indulging in some self care felt like the perfect way to kick off 2019!
3. 2019 Orchid Calendar: I always love putting up a new calendar each year! Shameless plug time: my 2019 Brooklyn Orchids calendar is still available, and it’s currently 15% off with promo code HELLO2019ZAZ. Figured I’d mention it in case anyone is in need of a calendar for the year and loves photos of orchids. Or if you just want to support me, because I do receive a small percentage of sales from this calendar. 🙂
4. New Year, New Pokémon: I love that Pokémon Go now releases a few new monsters from time to time. It’s so much better than making players wait for like nine months for a big release! The big releases are fun too, but getting some new guys to hunt down here and there keeps the excitement going. I caught these two cuties yesterday morning on the way to the dentist.
5. Master Bathroom Shower: we’re making great progress with renovations on our new house! I’m super excited about our master bathroom shower. I love the tiles we picked out and the marble herringbone shelf inset is a beautiful accent. Plus we have that long marble shelf running along the edge, which was a necessity due to the location of a pipe. It’ll totally be functional for extra shelf space and for propping my feet up to shave my legs. The shower door is being installed as I write this post. Yippee!