My Beauty Empties from May
My birthday month arrives tomorrow…I can’t believe June is already almost here! I didn’t empty as many beauty products in May as I did in April, but I did finish up a couple heavy hitters from my routine.
I also didn’t use as many sheet masks in May, but I still put a little dent in my stash:
Would I Repurchase?
- Derma-E Vitamin C Concentrated Serum: Whole Foods included this mini in this year’s limited edition beauty bag. The serum contains hyaluronic acid, which I definitely need for hydration. This serum was fine; I think it did help hydrate but I didn’t really see much of a brightening benefit so I don’t think I’d buy this one. It’s always so hard to tell with minis because they don’t often last long enough to see if they truly have an effect.
- First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream: many Instagram friends have said how great this cream is for dry hands, so I decided to try it for myself. My hand skin is super sensitive and prone to dyshidrotic eczema. This cream didn’t aggravate my hands, so that was great. In terms of moisturizing, though, I don’t feel like it really helped much. So I wouldn’t repurchase.
- Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Framboos Glycolic Resurfacing Night Serum: I was sad when I emptied this serum. It’s one of my favorite DE products I’ve tried, and I feel like it does a wonderful job of brightening my skin. At $90 full sized, c’est très cher, but I would repurchase when there’s a discount. I think it’s worth it.
- bareMinerals Skinlongevity Vital Power Infusion Serum: the brand gifted me this product, and I liked it so much I bought myself a bottle for 15% off during the recent Sephora spring bonus event. It’s good stuff!
Sheet Masks and More
- Patchology FlashPatch Restoring Night Eye Gels: this is the second set I’ve used and still can’t tell if they really do anything. I prefer using eye patches in the morning, so I probably won’t repurchase these.
- Whole Foods Bio Cellulose Mask Nourishing Royal Jelly: another WF LE beauty bag goodie. I love the fit of these cellulose masks and this one was pretty hydrating. I’d probably buy it in the future.
- Wander Beauty Baggage Claim Rose Gold Eye Masks: I’ve posted about these a bunch and I love them! Would repurchase.
- Boscia Baby Soft Foot Peel: another item from my spring bonus haul. I reviewed this on my Instagram, and I loved it! Definitely the most satisfying foot peel I’ve tried. I would repurchase.
- Peace Out Dark Spots Microneedling Dots: I also reviewed these on my Instagram. I had high hopes for these because of the great reviews on Sephora, but long story short, I didn’t find them to be very effective. I wouldn’t repurchase.
- Bliss Holographic Foil Sheet Mask Hangover Fix: guess what…I also reviewed this mask on Instagram. I’ve been posting more there than here lately! I loved this mask and will absolutely repurchase. (Also, that freaking holo packaging!! OMG!)
- Baroness Lily Flower Mask Sheet: this mask came in my December FaceTory shipment and it took me this long to get to. This is why I’ve canceled my FaceTory subscription for now…I can’t keep up with it! This mask wasn’t particularly memorable or effective beyond hydration, so I wouldn’t buy it.
- Beauty Chuck I’m Real Gira Mask Green Tea: a February FaceTory mask that was fine, but nothing spectacular. I wouldn’t purchase.
And that’s it for May! Did you recently empty anything that you were sad to run out of?