So Many Beauty Empties in April!
I emptied a lot of products in April, though many of them were minis. They still totally count in my book, though!
April was a shower of sheet masks for me. My skin has been very dry so I tried to boost its moisture by masking a lot (which helps, but only temporarily, I’ve found).
Would I Repurchase?
- Trader Joe’s Tea Tree Tingle Shampoo: I’ve bought this before and will buy it again. I’m using shampoo less often these days; I’m trying not to wash my hair daily. So I don’t need more of this now but I’d buy it in the future.
- Tarte Clean Slate 360° Creaseless 12-hr Smoothing Eye Primer: this is technically a declutter, not an empty. It’s pretty old and ceased to apply smoothly, so I decided I was done with it. Tarte has discontinued the product but I wouldn’t repurchase.
- Clinique Take the Day Off Makeup Remover: I emptied this while in Brooklyn in early April; it came in my June 2018 Play! by Sephora box. I kept it in my travel bag for eye makeup removal while traveling. It was fine, but I like my Garnier Micellar Water better.
- Elta MD UV Daily Broad Spectrum SPF 40: I actually emptied this on the last morning of April, so it snuck into this post just in the nick of time. I love this stuff and have a backup ready to go once I finish my (gifted) bareMinerals Vital Power Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 that’s already open.
- Caudalie Vinosource S.O.S. Thirst Quenching Serum: a November 2017 Play! by Sephora sample that took me this long to finish (though I didn’t open it for awhile after receiving it). This product literally did nothing for my dry skin. I’m very meh about Caudalie.
- Tatcha The Water Cream: I really liked this cream at first but lately it hasn’t been hydrating enough for my dry skin (TBH, not much is). I don’t think I’d repurchase this particular Tatcha cream, but I’m going to get their Dewy Skin Cream in the upcoming VIB event! And I’m keeping this pretty jar because I can’t bear to recycle it.
- Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Cream: LOVE this stuff! I used it as my morning moisturizer over the winter and it helped immensely. Because my skin has been so dry lately I may need to repurchase for the summer. If not for the summer, likely for the winter.
- Dr. Jart+ Cicapair Tiger Grass Cream: I received this sample in my December 2017 Play! by Sephora box and I recently bought it full sized. I’ve been experiencing some redness and dry patches on my cheeks lately and I feel like this product helps calm those issues.
- Acure Brilliantly Brightening Facial Scrub: this mini came in last year’s Whole Food Beauty Bag and it took me a long time to finish because I have two other facial scrubs in my shower and I’m not exfoliating as often as I used to. But I’ve bought this full sized in the past and got another mini in this year’s WF beauty bag (with an updated design). It’s good stuff!
- Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo: this sample arrived in my March 2019 Play! by Sephora box and I’ve already used it up because, as I mentioned, I’m shampooing less often. The scent is overpowering for me, though, so I wouldn’t buy this full sized.
All the Masks (and some other stuff)
- Burt’s Bees Sensitive Skin Facial Cleansing Towelettes: I forgot to include these in the first photo, so that’s why they’re with the masks! I try to wash my face at night rather than using wipes, but sometimes wipes are necessary. I’ve purchased these many times before and will buy them again. They’re soft, don’t irritate my skin, and do a pretty good job of removing makeup.
- Curapure CBD-Infused Super-Charged Face Mask: after I bought this on Amazon, the brand reached out to me and sent me one to try out. I have yet to use the complimentary one, though. This mask helped hydrate my dry skin after it got chapped from cold weather and wind. I’m looking forward to using the second one. It’s pretty pricy for a single-use mask ($14.95), but I’d probably buy one as a little treat now and then.
- FaceTory Moon Velvet Moisturizing Cream Mask: I really liked how well this mask helped hydrate my skin. I’d buy this one!
- FaceTory Oh My Goodness! Rejuvenating Snail Mask: I also really liked this mask and would purchase it. Facetory is doing a good job with their house brand masks (and their packaging is adorable)!
- Purenskin Collagen Lifting Intensive Mask: a November FaceTory mask that wasn’t too memorable. I don’t think I’d purchase.
- Yadah Vitalizing Mask Pack: a January FaceTory mask that also wasn’t super memorable, so I wouldn’t purchase.
- SOO AE Pure Brightening Vitamin Collagen Essence Mask: I believe this is one of the first sheet masks I tried and I’ve repurchased a few times. I’d buy it again.
- LookAtMe Aqua Moisture Raccoon: from another FaceTory shipment. This one was disappointing because it didn’t have a raccoon printed on it. Also not memorable, so I wouldn’t buy it.
- Peace Out Dark Spots Microneedling Dots: so this is only half the full box that I’ve emptied (it comes with two packs of six dots). Because I’m still in the process of using the second pack, the jury is still out. I’ll update next month once I’ve used them all.
- Patchology FlashPatch Restoring Night Eye Gels: these were super cute but it’s always hard to tell if eye patches really do anything. I have two more packs so we’ll see how I feel after I’ve used them.
- Blaq Hydrogel Eye Masks: these came in my Winter FabFitFun box and I enjoy using them. Again, it’s hard to really see visible results, but I like to pop them in the fridge and then use them in the morning for a refreshing wake-up. I’d probably buy Patchology before purchasing these because they’re a little more affordable ($20 for a set of five vs. $29 for a set of five).
That was a shit ton of empties to write about! Did you empty any of your own favorites last month?