Beauty Empties in February
Happy March! I go through phases of emptying a lot of beauty products, but I didn’t finish many last month. I’m sharing them here anyway, along with my thoughts on whether I’d repurchase!
I did an okay job of sheet masking in February, but I certainly didn’t use as many as I did in January.
Would I Repurchase?
- Andalou Naturals Brilliant Shine Sunflower & Citrus Shampoo: this bottle was a repurchase and I’ve already opened the bottle that I had waiting in the wings. So yes, I’d repurchase this shampoo again. I haven’t tried the companion conditioner, but I’d like to!
- Andalou Naturals Lime Blossom Hand Cream: this is another product I’ve repurchased multiple times. I keep a tube on my desk and apply it many times daily in the winter because my hands have been SO FUCKING DRY. Usually, hand creams with fragrance irritate my super sensitive hand skin, but this one doesn’t, so I’m sticking with it.
- The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 30% in Silicone: I haven’t talked about using this product at all before! The product cost around $7, if I remember correctly—super affordable. I planned to use it on my dark spots. But then I got side tracked with my skin care experiment so I didn’t use this on my face. I did apply it to my neck each night before bed and I don’t feel like it did anything for my dark spots there. So I won’t repurchase.
- Drunk Elephant B-Hydra Intensive Hydration Serum: I wasn’t impressed with this product when I tried it before but I used it as a sole nighttime moisturizer, which is apparently not how it’s meant to be used. That was back when the brand called it a Gel rather than a Serum. They’ve since rebranded it, probably due to confusion over usage. This mini came with my A-Passioni Retinol; I used it up very quickly because my first retinol use made my skin incredibly dry. I’ve since purchased B-Hydra full sized and having been using it as an extra layer of hydration this winter. But honestly, I’m not convinced it’s doing much for me, so I’m not sure yet if I’ll repurchase.
- Sunday Riley C.E.O. 15% Vitamin C Brightening Serum: it took me about two weeks of twice daily spot treatment use to empty this sample from my January Play! by Sephora box. It smelled great (just like oranges!) but I didn’t see any lightening of my dark spots…not that I expected to after two weeks. At $85 a bottle, I don’t think I’d buy this full sized.
- Bonnyhill Tea Tree Soothing Mask Pack: I used this October FaceTory mask when my skin was feeling extra dry a few days post-retinol use. And it did a good job of hydrating and soothing my skin. I’d buy this one!
- NoHj Herbs Fit Sheet Mask – Lavender: this September FaceTory mask was just okay. I wouldn’t purchase.
- Ariul 7 Days Mask, Bamboo Water: I didn’t post a review about this one on Instagram and now I don’t really remember how I liked it. Obviously it wasn’t too memorable so I don’t think I’d buy it.
- Patchology FlashPatch Illuminating Eye Gels: I bought these in a variety pack during a recent Ulta haul. I’d been wanting to try the brand for awhile, and these did not disappoint! Of course they’re super cute and Instagrammable, but they felt nice under my eyes. I can’t tell if they really brightened my undereyes, but I’ll use the other two from the pack and then decide if I want to buy more.
- Blaq Hydrogel Eye Mask: I enjoy these eye masks from my Winter FabFitFun box. They feel cooling and soothing and I think they do depuff a tad. I’d consider buying them in the future.
That’s it for my February empties! Do you see any of your own favorites?