Geeky Movie, TV, and Books
1. Avengers Endgame: we weren’t able to see Endgame on opening weekend, but we made it a point to see it this week. It’s been kind of hard dodging spoilers! I got semi-spoiled without technically getting spoiled, but it didn’t ruin the movie for me at all. I won’t say anything beyond this: I loved the movie! Okay, I’ll also say this (which spoils nothing): there’s one character in particular that I’m looking forward to seeing people cosplay as at San Diego Comic-Con this summer. If you’ve seen the movie, comment with your guesses on whom I’m referring to!
Image credit: IMDB
2. Game of Thrones: I can’t stop thinking about this past Sunday’s episode, “The Long Night.” It’s the third episode of the eighth and final season and obviously I’m not going to spoil anything here, but it was EPIC. I JUST WANT TO YELL ABOUT IT BECAUSE IT WAS SO FUCKING GOOD. That’s all I’m going to say.
3. Stephen King Books: I ran an errand the other day and stopped at a Little Free Library that I happened to be passing by. The library had a bunch of Stephen King books, none of which we had in our home library (and none of which I’ve read)! So I took three books: Gerald’s Game, Dolores Claiborne, and Rose Madder [paid links]. I love that the titles all happen to include names. And I love the older covers on two of them. Very excited to read these!
4. Away Suitcase: if you listen to enough podcasts you’ll eventually hear an Away ad. Then you’ll hear another. And another. I’ve been in need of a new suitcase, so me using a podcast discount code for an Away bag was inevitable. I picked out The Bigger Carry-On in the color “Coast,” which sounds very J. Crew. This is my first hard-sided spinner suitcase (I know, welcome to the 21st century) and it comes with a removable device charger, which is super cool (they also offer a version without the charger). I don’t have any travel for awhile so I won’t get to really test it out for a bit, but it seems thoughtfully designed. I mean…all the podcasters love it. 😛
5. NYX Glitter Glue [paid link]: I keep hearing good things about this eyeshadow primer. Because I’ve been working with more shimmery, glittery eyeshadows lately I finally decided to try it for myself. First of all, you can’t go wrong with holographic packaging. I’ve only used this a few times so far but I’m liking it. I do find that I end up with less glitter all over my face when working with glittery shadows. The price is great, too. Ulta has it for $6.50 but Amazon offers it as an add-on item for $4.59 as of this writing.