**Some product links in this post are affiliate links and are noted as such. If you click on an affiliate link and make a purchase, I’ll earn a small commission.**
Return to the Upside Down, Skin Care Gifts, and more
1. Stranger Things Season 4, Part 1: agghhhhh. I love this show so much. I know I talked about it recently in my post about the ST x MAC makeup collection, but I hadn’t started the new episodes at that point. Episode four in particular, “Dear Billy,” is SO good. In case you’re living under a rock, the final scene of that episode is absolutely incredible and will have Kate Bush’s “Running Up That Hill” stuck in your head forever…but not in a bad way. I cannot wait for the second batch of season four episodes in a few weeks!!
2. Stylevana K-Beauty Gifts: this popular Asian beauty and style website recently reached out to me via Shoplist and offered to send me some of their bestselling K-beauty goodies. Of course I took them up on it! Thank you so much to Stylevana for this fantastic gift package!
They sent me Cosrx Salicylic Acid Daily Gentle Cleanser, Missha All-Around Safe Block Aqua Sun Gel SPF 50+ PA++++, Skin1004 Madagascar Centella Hyalu-Cica Water-Fit Sun Serum SPF50 PA++++, Purito Pure Vitamin C Serum, and Sioris Time is Running Out Mist [all are affiliate links except for Skin1004]. I’ve heard of most of these brands but the products are new to me. I’m so excited to try them all! If you’re interested in shopping with Stylevana, you can take 10% off your order by using code SHOPSHERMAN at checkout (I’ll earn a small commission if you do). What an amazing gift, especially for summer!
3. Topicals Slather Exfoliating Body Serum [gifted; affiliate link]: another exciting gift from a brand showed up on my stoop recently! I feel so lucky to be able to try this new Topicals body serum that claims to help smooth out bumpy, textured body skin. Fortunately, I don’t have an issue with keratosis pilaris (KP), but who doesn’t want smoother body skin overall? The serum is also supposed to help with hyperpigmentation, which I definitely have on my arms and legs. I’ve only used the serum a few times so far; I’m taking it slow because it contains retinol. But I’m happy to report that it hasn’t irritated my sensitive body skin, so my first impression is good. Thank you so much, Topicals!
4. Galaxy Cat Puzzle: while John was out of town this week I needed something to entertain myself. I remembered this puzzle that I ordered from Target awhile back but hadn’t assembled yet, and it ended up being the perfect thing to occupy my time. It took me three days to complete this silly but fun 500-piece puzzle, which I worked on while listening to podcasts and ’90s music. Perfect.
5. Trader Joe’s Strawberry Basil Vinaigrette: I picked this up on a recent TJ’s run and have been making salads with it all week. It’s so good! The dressing is little more sweet than acidic, but it goes really well on a salad with goat cheese and nuts. I definitely recommend it for fresh summer salads.