**Some links in this post are affiliate links and noted as such. If you click on an affiliate link and make a purchase, I’ll earn a small commission.**
Plenty of Beauty Empties in April
Hello, May! This month I’m taking my first flight since the pandemic began, and I’m nervous but also excited. I’ll have an N95 mask firmly attached to my face from the moment I leave my house for the airport until the moment I get to my parents’ house in St. Louis.
But I’m not really here to talk about traveling…I’m here to share my April beauty empties. And I had quite few…
Here are the minis that I emptied:
Would I Repurchase?
- Prose Custom Shampoo: this was my first time trying custom hair care, and I thought it was pretty good. What I liked best was actually the fragrance that I selected (botanica). I still have some of the conditioner left but I’ll empty that soon. The products aren’t transformative for my hair, but nothing really is…I did like this enough that I’ll likely buy it again.
- Indie Lee Brightening Cleanser [affiliate link]: I got this as a Spring 2021 FabFitFun add-on. I really liked the cleanser overall and enjoyed the strawberry scent, so I’d repurchase in the future.
- Dr. Bronner’s 13-in-1 Hemp Baby Unscented Pure-Castile Soap [affiliate link]: I’ve used this in the past and it’s fine. The formula is a little thin and runny for my taste, but at least it’s very gentle and doesn’t irritate my skin. All the religious shit printed on the label is wacky and off-putting to me, but I get that the underlying message is a positive one. I’d buy it again if I need a body wash at a drugstore price point.
- Youth to the People Triple Peptide + Cactus Oasis Serum [gifted; affiliate link]: this is a nice serum that absorbs well and only leaves a faint tacky feel. I don’t feel like my skin really needs it in the warmer months, but I’d consider purchasing it for the winter.
- Vegamour Gro Hair Serum [affiliate link]: I’ve gone through a few of these now and can’t really see a difference in my hair yet, aside from a little less fallout in the shower. It’s supposed to take at least a few months to help, so I’ve opened another bottle. We’ll see.
- Kosasport Hyaluronic Lip Balm in Baseline [affiliate link]: this lip balm came in a Kosas gift set that I ordered earlier this year. Clearly I liked this balm because it didn’t take me long to use it up, so I’d buy it again.
- Tatcha The Deep Cleanse mini [affiliate link]: I always like this cleanser! It now comes in an easier-to-use tube, which I would buy in the future.
- Elemis Superfood AHA Glow Cleansing Butter mini [affiliate link]: I got this in a gift with purchase from Ulta, and it was really nice. I do wish the full size came in a tube like this mini rather than a tub, but it’s a good cleansing balm and I would buy it.
- Elemis Superfood Midnight Facial Nourishing Sleeping Cream mini [affiliate link]: from the same gwp set. I also liked this one; it’s a tad heavy so a little goes a long way, but I would consider buying it as a winter nighttime cream.
- La Roche-Posay Toleriane Double Repair Face Moisturizer mini [affiliate link]: I ended up with two minis of this moisturizer to try out. It worked well as a morning moisturizer for me, and I would consider buying it.
- Ilia Lip Wrap Hydrating Mask mini [affiliate link]: I received this in a gift set over the holidays. It’s a good nighttime lip mask and I would consider buying it full sized.
- Baby Foot Exfoliation Foot Peel [affiliate link]: for some reason I thought I had never tried this, but I actually did use it last spring. This OG foot peel does what it says! It’s so satisfying to peel sheets of dead skin off my feet. 😛 I’d buy this again but only if I have a promo code, because $25 is a lot for a single use foot peel (I bought this one at a discount).
- Dr. Jart+ Dermask Micro Jet Brightening Solution [affiliate link]: another good mask from this brand! I received this in a sheet mask gift set, but I would buy it on my own.
- Dr. Jart+ Dermask Micro Jet Clearing Solution [affiliate link]: another sheet mask from the gift set. I didn’t have a serious need for clearing pimples but this mask felt soothing to use. I probably wouldn’t buy this particular formula again unless I end up with a breakout.
- Dr. Jart+ Dermask Water Jet Soothing Hydra Solution [affiliate link]: very soothing, as advertised. Would buy on my own.
- Wander Beauty Baggage Claim Eye Mask [affiliate link]: love them, bought more during the Sephora spring savings event.
- Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels [affiliate link]: love these, would buy again. I was originally gifted a few pairs by the brand, but have since purchased them on my own.
Phew! I’m making good progress on working through my skin care stash. My vanity cabinet is still pretty stocked, so I have my work cut out for me. Have a great May, everyone!