My First Empties Post in Months
I didn’t have enough empties earlier this summer to warrant an entire post, so I saved up my containers for a larger show-and-tell.
What’s Worth Repurchasing?
- Everyone 3-in-1 Lotion, Unscented – I’ve repurchased this lotion several times. I already have a new bottle waiting for me, which I bought during the most recent Whole Foods body care sale. However, I’m trying out the Cerave Daily Moisturizing Lotion first because my dermatologist recommended it.
- Andalou Naturals Luminous Eye Serum – I usually like this brand’s products, but this was just okay. I think it gave me a milia under my left eye, even though the serum is pretty light. I don’t think I’d repurchase.
- Boscia Tsubaki™ Swirl Two-Part Gel & Cream Deep Hydration Moisturizer – I got this sample in a kit I bought during the Sephora spring bonus event. Boscia is another brand whose products I usually really like, but this moisturizer was just okay. Surprisingly, it didn’t feel all that moisturizing to me. I wouldn’t buy it full sized.
- Garnier SkinActive Micellar Cleansing Water, For All Skin Types – I’ve tried a couple other micellar waters but keep coming back to this one. I recently tried the blue version for removing waterproof makeup and I’m pretty sure it caused the worst breakout of my life. So, back to the pink version it is.
- Desert Essence Blemish Touch Stick – I’ve repurchased this many times and will likely continue to do so. I did recently buy Alba ACNEdote Invisible Treatment Gel from Thrive Market to try something different, though.
- Biossance Squalane + Probiotic Gel Moisturizer – my use of this July Play! by Sephora sample coincided with a breakout, but I’m pretty sure this wasn’t the culprit. I’d still be wary of using it again, though.
- Supergoop! Everyday Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 50– I just bought 2 more tubes of this during the latest Sephora bonus event.
- Drunk Elephant Marula Oil – this sample came in one of the DE gift sets I received as a gift during the holidays last year. I did like it but it’s pretty expensive full sized. Maybe someday I’ll buy it during a Sephora event if I’m in need of a new oil.
- Kiehl’s Superbly Efficient Antiperspirant & Deodorant Cream – this was my deodorant for years before I decided not to use antiperspirant regularly. I do still use this on occasion, prior to events where I know I’ll be hugging a lot of people. I’ll probably buy a small tube of this to have on hand for such occasions.
So that’s it for my summer empties! Did you finish up many products this summer?