TV, Target Buys, Tilbury, and more
1. Sharp Objects: HBO has done it again with this sumptuously dark tale of a small town in Missouri. I won’t say anything more about the story than that, but the show is exquisite. The leading ladies are perfect, from Amy Adams’ Camille to Patricia Clarkson’s Adora to Eliza Scanlon’s Amma. I had read and enjoyed Gillian Flynn’s book so I remembered the main points, but the show left me feeling like I absolutely need to re-read it, and soon.
2. Stranger Things Mystery Minis: while at Target this week I browsed the toy section and found these Target exclusive Funko Mystery Minis! So I bought two and my husband and I opened them to find Lucas and a Demogorgon. How cute are these little guys?! They’ll be great additions to our collection.
3. Sephora Birthday Gift: I completely forgot to post about this year’s birthday gift from my favorite store! Each year Sephora offers Beauty Insiders one of two gift sets. Customers can get the set of their choice online or in store throughout their entire birthday month. I chose the Bite Beauty set, which included minis of Amuse Bouche Lipstick in Chai and Matte Crème Lip Crayon in Glacé plus samples of Agave Lip Balm and Agave Sugar Lip Scrub. Unfortunately, my lip balm and scrub samples were leaking so I tossed them, but that’s no big deal. I am LOVING Glacé—it’s a very comfortable, creamy matte and the color is a nice dusty mauve. I don’t like the Chai shade quite as much, but it’s still totally wearable and the formula is moisturizing.
4. Charlotte Tilbury Eye Shadow Singles: I also meant to write about these earlier! Charlotte Tilbury had a sale in July and I picked up two gorgeous Nocturnal Cat Eyes to Hypnotize shadow singles. The blue shade on the left is called Midnight Seduction (currently sold out) and the olive bronze shade on the right is called The Huntress. Retail price is $27 apiece but because they were 30% off I spent $18.90 on each. Still a fair amount for single shadows, but they are so luxe and beautiful! Plus, the adorable mini compacts have mirrors, which is a bonus.
5. Pumpkin Spice Coffee: some will say it’s too early for pumpkin season, but I AM HERE FOR IT. I was hoping Target would have their Halloween stuff out but their seasonal section was still Back to School. However! I spotted this Archer Farms Pumpkin Spice coffee in the grocery section so I snatched it up immediately.