Beauty Empties Heading Into Winter
Happy December! The year of COVID-19 continues and I’m still staying home, chipping away at my beauty stash. I had to use a couple of prescription skin care products for a month to help clear up some irritation, but I’m slowly adding products back into my routine. So I did end up with some beauty empties in November!
I finally felt like I was able to treat myself to a mask and eye gels, and did a foot peel as well.
Would I Repurchase?
- Beauty 360 Non-Acetone Nail Polish Remover: this CVS brand stuff worked just fine; it’s affordable and I’d buy it again.
- Bioderma Sensibio Make-up Removing Micelle Solution: I always heard great things about this product so I finally tried it. It worked well at removing eye makeup, but I wouldn’t say it’s any better than the Garnier version that I’ve purchased many times at a lower price point. I’ve already gone back to a value size bottle of the Garnier.
- Drunk Elephant Cocomino Glossing Shampoo: I liked this shampoo and have a second bottle in my cabinet. However, I’m trying not to buy this brand much anymore (though I did just buy Lala Retro because it works so well for my skin in the winter). There are plenty of other shampoos out there to try.
- Ahava Hydration Cream Mask: I received this mask in my winter 2018 FabFitFun box and it took me almost two years to use up! The mask was okay; I didn’t love it enough to say that I’d buy it on my own.
- Tatcha The Deep Cleanse: loved this cleanser, would repurchase.
- Davroe Ends Repair: LOL, this hair care product came in my May 2016 Birchbox. Clearly I’m not big on hair treatments, as it took four and a half years for me to use this up. I didn’t love the scent and didn’t see much of a benefit from this product, so I wouldn’t purchase it.
- Elta MD UV Clear Broad Spectrum SPF 46: LOVE. I’ve just opened my backup bottle and ordered two more from Dermstore on Black Friday.
Masks and More
- Boscia Baby Soft Foot Peel: also love this product. Looks like they’ve changed the name and packaging, but I will repurchase at some point.
- May Coop Raw Sheet Mask: very hydrating. I have a few more of these from a 6-pack I got from FabFitFun, but I’d repurchase.
- Bioré Nose Strip: these are always fun to use, but chemical exfoliants are supposed to be a better way to clear out blackheads. I’ll steer clear of buying them in the future.
- Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels: love these! I just ordered a 12-pack for 40% off on Cyber Monday. The brand initially gifted me some and I got more from my mom for my birthday this year, but clearly I like them enough to spend my own money on them.
Total broken record here, but please keep wearing a mask, social distancing, and staying home as much as possible. It’s also a good idea to avoid indoor activities with others. COVID-19 is not going away anytime soon and the colder weather is going to make it harder to engage in safer outdoor activities. Stay healthy, everyone!