**Some product links in this post are affiliate links and are noted as such. If you click on an affiliate link and make a purchase, I’ll earn a small commission.**
Two Months of Beauty Empties
As promised, I’ve combined my March and April empties into one post. I didn’t have many empties in March so I decided to hold off on posting about them until I had more. And boy, do I have more!
I’ll try to keep my comments on each product brief since there are so many to go through.
Would I Repurchase?
- Pixi Glow Tonic Mini [affiliate link]: people rave about this but I didn’t love it. It’s pretty fragranced, so it feels a little like putting a cologne on your face. I didn’t really notice any difference in my skin while using it, but I was glad it didn’t cause irritation. Probably wouldn’t buy this full sized, though.
- Paula’s Choice C5 Super Boost Eye Cream [gifted; affiliate link]: a nice under-eye cream that didn’t cause any irritation or milia. I didn’t notice any brightening under my eyes but I fortunately don’t have super dark circles to begin with. Would consider purchasing on my own.
- Youth to the People* 15% Vitamin C + Caffeine Energy Serum [affiliate link]: love it! I’ve gone through a few of these and will very likely repurchase again.
- Kosas AirBrow in Clear [affiliate link]: so good! Not a complete empty, but what remains is gunky and gross and it’s time to go in the trash. I just repurchased this during the Sephora spring savings event.
- Tower 28 ShineOn Lip Jelly in Cashew [affiliate link]: I rarely use up lip products, but this gloss was so good that I emptied it…as much as possible. The applicator tip can’t really scrape the remnants all the way at the bottom of the tube. I found that this lip gloss helped soothe and hydrate my lips when they got really dry and irritated in the winter. I also have the clear version and am interested in trying more shades.
- Nécessaire* The Shampoo, Fragrance-Free [affiliate link]: I’ve enjoyed this brand’s body care products and was excited to try their hair care. The shampoo was fine, nothing special for my very fine hair. Likely won’t repurchase.
- Dior Addict Lip Glow in 012 Rosewood [affiliate link]: this tinted lip balm wasn’t 100% finished but it got down to a nubbin that started to break off every time I twisted it up to apply. We had a good run but it’s time to put this one to rest. I have three other shades of this lip glow, but I think Rosewood is my favorite. Would definitely repurchase with a discount.
- Derma-E Vitamin C Renewing Moisturizer [gifted; affiliate link]: I didn’t love this moisturizer; the texture is pretty thick and takes some work to rub into the skin. Unfortunately I wouldn’t purchase this one on my own for that reason.
- Lush Beauty Sleep Face & Body Mask sample: ooohh, this mask smelled amazing. I have too many masks right now but when I empty some I will probably buy this.
- Topicals Slather Exfoliating Body Serum [gifted; affiliate link]: somehow, Topicals sent me two of these…not sure if that was an error, but I appreciated it! This serum did not irritate my very sensitive body skin, and absorbed quickly. I already used up the first tube they sent and happily used up the second as well; I would consider purchasing in the future. I like the idea of active ingredients in body care, because our body skin needs some love too.
- Le Labo Lys 41 sample [affiliate link]: from a sample set. Not my favorite scent, but it was okay enough to empty.
- Caudalie Beauty Elixir mini [affiliate link]: I’ve gone through this mist before and love it. It’s somewhat pricey, but the scent is amazing and it feels SO refreshing. Will likely purchase again.
- Derma-E Advanced Peptides & Flora-Collagen Eye Cream [gifted; affiliate link]: another really nice eye cream. It felt light but hydrating and I enjoyed using it as a night eye cream. Would consider purchasing on my own.
- Lush Magic Crystals Shower Scrub: love this! I’ve gone through at least one tub of this bright purple, minty fresh scrub before and will buy it again.
- Patchology Flashpatch Illuminating Eye Gels [gifted; affiliate link]: I had purchased these on my own prior to receiving this brand gift. I like that they sell jars with 15 sets so there’s less packaging waste. Would purchase again on my own.
- Trader Joe’s Daily Facial Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 40: a really nice, affordable SPF with no white cast (the formula is clear). This was my second tube and I’d purchase it again…maybe not until winter since I prefer a higher SPF in the summer.
- Patchology Perfect Ten Moisturizing Hand & Cuticle Mask [gifted; affiliate link]: my hand skin is very sensitive so I was a little worried this would cause a dyshidrotic eczema flare-up. I’m happy to report that I had no issues after using this. The mask felt warm while I had the gloves on, and it smelled very coconutty. I used it before bed so that I wouldn’t end up washing the moisturizer off during the day. Not sure I’d purchase this on my own, but I appreciate being given the opportunity to try it!
- Boscia Pore Purifying Black Charcoal Strip: I know that nose strips have fallen out of favor, but I still have a few and use them maybe a couple times a year when I notice more blackheads on my nose. It really is satisfying to see the crap that the strip pulls out of your nose pores.
- Dr. Jart+ Dermask Water Jet Vital Hydra Solution [affiliate link]: lovely, would repurchase.
- Dr. Jart+ Dermask Micro Jet Brightening Solution x2 [affiliate link]: ditto re: the Vital Hydra.
- Patchology SmartMud Detox No Mess Mud Mask [gifted; affiliate link]: a convenient mud sheet mask for travel. The brand gifted me a couple of these, so I want to remember to bring the other one on my next trip!
Thus concludes my March and April beauty empties. Thanks for reading!
*I have received gifts from these brands in the past, but purchased these products on my own.