**Some product links in this post are affiliate links and are noted as such. If you click on an affiliate link and make a purchase, I’ll earn a small commission.**
A Load of Empties to Close Out 2022
Happy 2023! I hope you had a fantastic New Year’s Eve, whether you went out and celebrated or hunkered down at home. After a November without many empties, I finished up so many products in December!
Let’s get right into them.
Would I Repurchase?
- Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water, All-in-1 [affiliate link]: I’ve gone through many bottles of this. I’m currently using the Bioderma version, but I’d happy repurchase the Garnier.
- Youth to the People Kale + Green Tea Spinach Vitamins Superfood Cleanser [affiliate link]: I really like this cleanser; it does the job without stripping my skin. Would repurchase. Note: YTTP has gifted me products (see below), but I bought this on my own.
- Paula’s Choice 25% AHA + 2% BHA Exfoliant Peel [gifted; affiliate link]: this is a really nice exfoliant peel. I didn’t use it very regularly so it took me awhile to use up. But I would consider purchasing in the future.
- Bliss Bright Idea Vitamin C Tri-Peptide Collagen Protecting & Brightening Moisturizer mini [affiliate link]: I bought this over the summer for my SDCC trip. I found the cream hard to rub into my skin, and it left a kind of odd humid feel on my face. Would not purchase full sized.
- Skin1004 Madagascar Centella Hyalu-Cica Water-Fit Sun Serum SPF 50+ PA++++ [gifted: affiliate link]: a perfectly good SPF by a Korean brand. I wouldn’t call it a serum, as the texture is heavier than most serums. But it does absorb well and doesn’t leave a white cast on my light skin tone. I felt like I experienced a bit of pilling with a couple other products at times, so I likely won’t purchase this in the future. I prefer the Missha SPF that Stylevana also gifted me and have since purchased a tube of that.
- Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Overnight Face Mask: from last year! I didn’t open it for awhile. I used this at night once or twice a week, but not super regularly. It smelled really good, but I don’t know if it really did much to brighten my skin. I don’t think I need to buy this next time it appears on shelves. Fun to use, though, and a great price point.
- Paula’s Choice C5 Super Boost Moisturizer [gifted; affiliate link]: loved this moisturizer. I feel like it helped make my skin look brighter. I also liked the pump that dispenses a small amount at a time, so you can sort of dose it out. Typically, I used 4-5 pumps on my face each morning. Would buy on my own.
- Purito Pure Vitamin C Serum [gifted; affiliate link]: this gift from Stylevana is not an empty, but unfortunately I don’t think my skin loved this serum. I felt like I got a touch of irritation from it, so I discontinued use. It wasn’t horrible, but there are other vitamin C serums that I can use without issue.
- Youth to the People Polypeptide-121 Future Cream [gifted: affiliate link]: this was a nice cream for nighttime, but I don’t know if it did anything other than hydrate my skin. I’d consider purchasing in the future, mostly because I do really like YTTP.
Body and Hair Care
- Lush Co-Mingle Body Scrub sample: got this freebie with a recent Lush order. I really liked the soothing lavender scent, and the one use I got out of it didn’t irritate my skin. Would consider buying full sized.
- Skinfix Eczema+ Hand Repair Cream [affiliate link]: love it. I do need to buy another tube for this winter.
- Topicals Slather Exfoliating Body Serum [gifted: affiliate link]: this is a nice body serum with retinol and lactic acid that feels like a light lotion. I used it after showering a few times a week and never experienced any irritation. Not sure if I saw any benefits, but I’ll use the second tube that the brand gifted me (unclear if that was an error, but I really appreciate it!) and see if I do notice any difference after more prolonged use.
- Love Beauty and Planet Hydrating Dream Water Micellar Shampoo for Wavy Hair [affiliate link]: this rose-scented hair product was just okay for my hair (I feel like I say that about most hair products). I’d be curious to try the version for straight hair and see if I like it any better. Also, great drugstore price point.
- Dr. Jart+ Dermask Water Jet Vital Hydra Solution [affiliate link]: I have a few more of these from a set, but I’d also repurchase.
- Dr. Jart+ Dermask Micro Jet Brightening Solution [affiliate link]: I’ve really been liking this brand’s masks. Would repurchase.
- Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels [affiliate link]: still have a bunch of these, but love them and would repurchase.
- Bliss Bright Idea Eyes: this is the second time I’ve used these, and I didn’t get the redness that I experienced the first time. But this pair was a little dried out. Since I didn’t love them either time, I won’t repurchase.
Goodbye 2022, hello 2023! It’s nice to get a calendar reset and a fresh start. Hope you have a fabulous year ahead!