**Some product links in this post are affiliate links and are noted as such. If you click on an affiliate link and make a purchase, I’ll earn a small commission.**
A Handful of May Empties
Happy June! It’s my birthday month, so even though I’m not a fan of summer (the heat, the humidity, the mosquitoes, the fervor over music festivals that sound like the opposite of a good time*), I’m still excited when June rolls around. What I’m saying is that my birthday redeems June. 🙂
I haven’t been posting much lately, but at least I have some May beauty empties to discuss.
Would I Repurchase?
- Kiss My Face Moisture Shave, Fragrance-Free: I really like this shaving cream; it’s gentle on my sensitive skin and doesn’t cause any irritation. I’m trying a solid shave butter next, but would totally repurchase this KMF product.
- Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micellar Water [affiliate link]: a really good micellar water for removing makeup prior to washing my face. I also like the Garnier version, which is less expensive, but I’d repurchase the Bioderma if a discount rolls around.
- Nécessaire The Conditioner [affiliate link]: this conditioner was fine, nothing special for my super fine hair. I’m not sensitive to fragrance in hair care, but it’s nice that it’s fragrance-free for folks who prefer (or need) to avoid it. That said, I don’t really feel the urge to repurchase.
- Paula’s Choice Ultra-Gentle Cleanser [gifted; affiliate link]: this is a really lovely, mild cleanser that I used as a second cleanser at night. It’s formulated for sensitive facial skin and is meant to help preserve the skin barrier. My facial skin isn’t sensitive but it certainly doesn’t hurt to use a gentle cleanser. It’s not the most exciting cleanser on the market, but I’d consider buying it for winter when I feel like my skin needs a bit more TLC.
- Sulwhasoo Overnight Vitalizing Mask [affiliate link]: a birthday gift from a friend last year. Loved it! The herbal scent is SO nice. I would definitely consider purchasing this on my own. I’m also interested in the brand’s First Care Activating Serum, which I’ve heard good things about.
- Dr. Jart+ Dermask Water Jet Vital Hydra Solution [affiliate link]: love these masks and would repurchase.
- Paula’s Choice Omega+ Complex Cleansing Balm [affiliate link]: the brand gifted me this cleanser when it was first released, but I bought this tube on my own. So that tells you I liked it! It’s a really nice first cleanse at the end of the day and I like that it comes in a tube rather than a jar that you have to scoop product out of.
- Elta MD UV Clear Broad-Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 46 – Untinted mini [affiliate link]: a free gift with purchase from Dermstore. I’ve purchased many full sized bottles of this SPF and will definitely buy it again at some point.
That’s it for my May empties! I did less sheet masking than usual last month; I did use some (gifted) Patchology eye gels, but they come in a jar of 15 pairs instead of single-use packs, so I’m working my way through those.
I hope you have a wonderful June!
*I’m turning 45 soon and am leaning into my curmudgeonly side. 😛