**Some product links in this post are affiliate links and are noted as such. If you click on an affiliate link and make a purchase, I’ll earn a small commission.**
Bountiful Beauty Empties
I’m kicking off my first empties post of 2023 with a boatload of products! I used up so many things in January, and I had a few makeup items to declutter as well. My photos are unfortunately not the best quality this month because it was overcast when I needed to take pics.
I emptied a variety of types of beauty products, from skin care to hair care to body care, plus a fragrance sample. Let’s dive in and see which products I’d repurchase…
Empties Empties Empties!
- Pantene Daily Moisture Renewal Conditioner: just your standard drugstore conditioner. Nothing special, I wouldn’t go out of my way to buy it full sized.
- Tata Harper Purifying Mask mini [affiliate link]: from the Mix & Masques set that I bought on sale last fall. I only got one use out of this mini but it felt so luxe. TH products are not cheap but I would buy this full sized at a discount.
- Tata Harper Hydrating Floral Mask mini [affiliate link]: This smelled amazing! Ditto re: I said above about the TH purifying mask.
- Le Labo Fleur d’Oranger 27 sample [affiliate link]: I got this in a Le Labo sampler set awhile back. This was one of my favorite scents from the set. It’s a pricey brand but I would consider buying a small bottle someday.
- Trader Joe’s Candy Cane Body Butter mini: from the 12 Days of Beauty box. I was a little worried this scented product would irritate my skin, but fortunately it didn’t. Candy Cane isn’t my favorite smell, but this had a bit of a chocolate mint scent that I rather enjoyed. It’s not something I want to smell like all the time, but was nice to try out for a few days.
- Function of Beauty Wavy Hair Shampoo [affiliate link]: I bought this at Target and it was fine (I’m a total broken record when it comes to hair care products. 😛 ) I added a FoB Strengthen Booster shot [affiliate link] to the bottle, but I can’t say I feel like it strengthened my hair. I’d be curious to try their straight hair shampoo and possibly also their custom hair care, but my expectations are low because my hair is pretty useless.
- Nécessaire The Body Exfoliator, Fragrance-Free [affiliate link]: the brand has gifted me products in the past but I bought this myself. I really like it and have another in my vanity!
- Milk Makeup Cooling Water mini [affiliate link]: love this, have repurchased before and will buy again.
- Trader Joe’s Watermelon Facial Mist: smells like watermelon Jolly Ranchers. It’s a nice mist to keep in the fridge for a cool shot of hydration after a walk in warmer weather. The mist isn’t currently available but my guess is it’ll be back in the spring/summer. Very affordable since it’s TJs.
- Bliss Mighty Biome Pre/Post Biotics Barrier Aid Deep Cleansing Balm [affiliate link]: a pretty good cleansing balm. I used this as a first cleanse at night. It’s not my favorite cleansing balm, but it’s a lower price than some so I’d consider it again if I need to save a little cash.
- Tatcha The Clarifying Clay Mask [affiliate link]: loved this mask! It feels luxurious and warming when you massage the clay into your face. The mask contains konjac, a physical exfoliant, along with volcanic ash to clarify pores. My skin looks radiant after using this. It’s not cheap, but I’d repurchase at a discount again.
- Reneé Rouleau Energizing Cleansing Masque [affiliate link]: a lovely, soft clay wash-off mask. My skin felt clean after using this, but I didn’t feel like it had any additional benefits for me so I don’t know if I’d repurchase. I’m interested in trying her very popular Triple Berry Smoothing Peel, though.
- Bite Beauty Agave+ Nighttime Lip Therapy: I’m bummed that Bite shut down (except for Lip Labs, which I want to do someday!). This lip mask has been my go-to overnight lip product for years, though I did prefer the original, non-vegan formula in a tube over this one.
- Dove 0% Aluminum Cucumber + Green Tea Deodorant, Refillable [affiliate link; not pictured]: It’s really nice to see a mass market brand join the refill game. I liked this deodorant before they came out with refills, so I was happy to buy a refill set. The deodorant doesn’t keep me from sweating but that’s NBD for me. I’ve already purchased a two-pack of refills.
- Patchology Poshpeel Pedi Cure [gifted; affiliate link]: this is a good foot peel! Days after doing the peel, so much dead skin came off my feet. Gross, and I loved it. I have bought this peel prior to Patchology gifting me one. Would buy on my own again.
- Dr. Jart+ Dermask Micro Jet Brightening Solution [affiliate link]: I really enjoy most Dr. Jart masks. I have a few more of this one and would buy them again.
- Dr. Jart+ Cryo Rubber Brightening Mask [affiliate link]: these are super fun in terms of the creep factor, but the material is heavy and constantly slides down your face. I’ll stick to the standard Dr. J sheet masks.
- Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels [affiliate link]: always love these (SI initially gifted me some but I’ve bought them on my own as well).
- L’Oreal Flash Cat Eye [affiliate link]: I bought this at a drugstore while traveling in LA last year. It’s a pretty good liquid eyeliner with a fine brush tip somewhat similar to KVD. The liner cap comes with a little plastic triangular guide that you can detach, hold to your eyelid, and fill in to create a wing shape. I didn’t even try it because wings don’t work well on my lids anymore. The liner had dried out, so it was time to trash it. I’m not big on liquid liner much these days but would consider this one if I need to grab something inexpensive.
- Fresh Sugar Tinted Lip Treatment in Bloom & Spice [affiliate link]: I love these lip balms in general, though these two shades were not my favorite. These were the older formula with SPF 15 and needed to be tossed out. I haven’t tried the new SPF-less formula yet but I love the shades Petal and Honey so I’ll likely buy them eventually.
- Urban Decay Anti-Aging Eyeshadow Primer [affiliate link]: this wasn’t empty but was old enough that I needed to toss it. I’ve purchased a mini of the regular formula, which I think I prefer since I don’t really see any anti-aging benefit from this version.
Did you have many empties last month? This is probably one of the biggest empties months I’ve ever had!