Beauty Empties for Feb
The shortest month of the year is now behind us! I’m excited because that means spring is around the corner. Our winter has actually been really mild, though, and we have a lot of green sprouts poking up in our yard.
My empties stash for February 2020 is a little light on full sized products, but as you’ll see below, I did a whole lot of masking!*
I wasn’t kidding about the masking. One of the empty packets below contained seven sheet masks, all of which I used in February!
Would I Repurchase?
- Acure Body Beautiful Pear & Fig Shampoo: I thought this was just okay. The scent was nice, but I didn’t feel like it did much for my hair beyond cleansing. I likely won’t repurchase.
- Andalou Naturals Clementine Hand Cream: I usually buy the Lime Blossom variety, but last time I shopped for this cream they didn’t have it. I prefer the Lime Blossom scent and will definitely repurchase that as long as I can find it. This is one of the few hand creams I’ve tried that doesn’t cause my dishidrotic eczema to flare up.
- Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Mist: this is such a lovely mist! The scent is the same as many of Tatcha’s other products. The spray is super fine and doesn’t clog. It’s refreshing and leaves skin looking dewy. It’s not cheap and I’ve only received this as a gift (twice; I asked for it both times), but I think it’s worth it.
- Clinique Take the Day Off Makeup Remover Mini: I’ve received this in a Play! by Sephora box and purchased another mini for some travel last summer. It’s pretty good, and nice to have a mini for traveling, but I’d prefer to find a good makeup remover that’s cruelty-free.
- EltaMD UV Clear Broad Spectrum SPF 46: this product isn’t included in my photo because I emptied it after I had already taken my pics! I used to use the brand’s SPF 40 and loved it, but switched to the higher SPF. And I love it as well. I have a new bottle of MDSolarSciences to go through, but I’ll absolutely repurchase the EltaMD SPF 46.
- 111Skin Rose Gold Brightening Facial Treatment Mask: I used this very expensive sheet mask on Valentine’s Day, because rose gold. I’m not super impressed with this mask and wouldn’t buy it due to the price (I received a five-pack in a FabFitFun box).
- LuLuLun Precious White Sheet Mask: I received this pack of seven masks as a gift from the brand, along with their Red masks (which I used in January) and Green masks (which I’ll use in March). I’ll do a review of these masks once I’ve used them all, but the White variety was so great. I would totally buy the 32-pack box of them (bonus: more sustainable than single use masks!). Thanks, LuLuLun!!
- Patchology Poshpeel Pedi Cure: I found this foot peel in the spa store of a resort I stayed at for a couple nights this past week. I used it a few days ago and the peeling hasn’t started yet, so the verdict is still out on this product. Watch my Instagram for an update!
- Patchology Get Dewy With It: another Treat Yo Self spa store purchase. I liked this mask so much I went back to the spa and bought two more later that day!
- MasqueBar Animalz Shark Hydrating Mask: speaking of treating yourself, I used this mask on my fifth blog anniversary. It was fun and hydrating, and I’d repurchase.
- MasqueBar Animalz Reindeer Calming Mask: I liked using this mask on Christmas so I bought another one. So yeah, I’d repurchase this cute mask yet again.
- Wander Beauty Baggage Claim Rose Gold Eye Mask: you know I love these!
- Yadah Moisturizing Honey Mask: it’s unopened in the above photo because I used it after taking the pic. This was a March 2019 FaceTory mask that took me forever to get to because I keep re-upping my mask stash (which is a nice way of saying I just keep buying more shit). This mask had a bit of an odd smell, which made me wonder if I waited too long to use it. The expiration date wasn’t until 2021, though. It was a decent mask but I don’t know if I’d buy due to the strange scent.
Do you mask more often during the winter months? I definitely do!
*I’m starting to feel guilty about my single-use mask consumption…they are far from eco-friendly.