First February 2023 Friday
1. Great Falls: last Saturday afternoon was gorgeous, so we did a hike to Great Falls from Riverbend Park. It was 55 degrees at the end of January…thanks, climate change? We typically prefer to hike in the morning when it’s quieter, but decided to wait until it warmed up. So, there were a lot of people out and about due to the beautiful weather. Despite all the people we enjoyed the hike, which was a little over 3.5 miles round trip. This view of the falls is 100% worth it:
2. Atrium Prism: this week I went to the National Museum of the American Indian for the first time since we moved to DC. We visited this museum on a trip here prior to moving, but I decided it was time to return. I didn’t remember seeing the large prisms in the atrium that project a stunning display when the sunlight hits them. I was so taken with this effect!
3. Trader Joe’s Meatless Cheeseburger Pizza: when I saw this new item at TJs, I had to try it even though I thought it might be weird. The pizza is pretty good, though if you’re having a strong pizza craving, this might not satisfy it; it’s more “pizza” than pizza. I’m not an onion fan and it appeared onion-heavy, but the onion flavor was not too much for me. Pickles on a pizza seemed odd, but they worked well with the rest of the toppings. And I actually enjoyed the burger sauce instead of tomato sauce. Will I buy this often? No. But I could see myself grabbing one when I’m in the mood for something different.
4. Favorite Day Red Velvet Crème Filled Cookies: I bought this on a recent Target run because I’m a sucker for holiday sweets. The Valentine’s Day aisles were already packed with tempting treats. These cookies are so good! The “crème” is marshmallow, which I love. This box did not last long…I’ll pick up another if I see it again.
5. Trader Joe’s Orchid: I’ve been eyeing the orchids at TJs lately, and when I saw this beauty the other day I had to add it to my collection. Some TJs orchids have lived many years for me, and some end up dying after the blooming period ends. I hope I’m able to keep this one alive, because I just love the lip on these blooms!