Final Empties of 2020
I’m not sad to see this year go. I probably say that every year, but 2020 needs to get right the fuck outta town…we’re done here. I’m also done with a bunch of products, so let’s take a look at what I emptied at the end of 2020:
And I used some face masks and eye gels as well:
Would I Repurchase?
- Whole Foods 365 Herbal Mint Shower Gel: I had bought this for one of our guest showers but ended up using it myself because, well, we’re not having guests here anytime soon. I really liked this stuff but they’ve changed the formula and I didn’t like it as much.
- Nécessaire The Body Wash [affiliate link]: I bought a bottle of this on my own, but then the brand gifted me The Body Essentials Set [affiliate link]. I really like this body wash and have since opened the bottle that I initially bought. During the brand’s Black Friday sale, I bought the same set that they gifted me because the products are working out well for me.
- Skyn Iceland Glacial Face Wash [affiliate link]: I purchased this after the brand gifted me a couple of their other products. I really liked this face wash; it’s especially good for summer, as it has a mild cooling effect. I would repurchase next summer.
- Summer Fridays Jet Lag Masque: I was honestly baffled by this Skinstagram fave. The instructions are all over the place…you can use it as a 10 minute mask and blot it off or leave it on (what even?). Or, you can use it as a moisturizer and makeup primer. I dunno, whatever this is, I wasn’t impressed with its hydration ability and sometimes it pilled with my other skin care. I won’t buy it again.
- SkinFix Energizing Micro Scrub: I received this for free with an Ulta purchase. It was fine, but I’ve backed off of physical scrubs in favor of chemical exfoliants.
- Olaplex No. 4 Bond Maintenance Shampoo & No. 5 Bond Maintenance Conditioner: I bought these minis in a set awhile back. I’ve already bought the full sized shampoo and conditioner after finishing the minis. My hair felt soft when I used these products!
- SkinInc Pure Revival Peel: this came in the Sephora Soko to Tokyo set back in 2016! I realized this tube has been basically empty for awhile so I’m finally tossing it. I did like this peel, but I think I like the Real Chemistry peel more.
- MasqueBar Pretty Animalz Polar Bear Nourishing Mask: I bought this at Target during the holidays last year, back when no one had heard of COVID-19. I saved this one to use on Christmas morning; it was cute and felt soothing. I’d buy more of these.
- 111Skin Rose Gold Brightening Facial Treatment Mask: the last of my expensive sheet masks from my Summer 2019 FabFitFun box. I didn’t love these and won’t buy them.
- Neogen Naturals Pink Cactus LiftMax Knit Mask: love these, and will buy more.
- Wander Beauty Rose Gold Baggage Claim Eye Masks: love these as well; I’ve repurchased them before and will do so again.
- Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels [affiliate link]: the brand initially gifted me a four-pack, but I got a set of eight from my mom for my birthday this summer. I bought another eight-pack on my own during their Cyber Monday sale. These are so good!
That’s a wrap on 2020 empties! It feels good to keep the products moving. Cheers to a happy, safe, COVID-19-free 2021 for you and your loved ones!