**Some product links in this post are affiliate links and are noted as such. If you click on an affiliate link and make a purchase, I’ll earn a small commission.**
Loads of Empties!
September is here and I could not be more thrilled. I’m SO over summer and am impatiently waiting for cooler weather. You know one thing that was great about August, though? Starbucks released their fall offerings this week! So I picked up my first Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew of the year yesterday morning. The arrival of PSLs means fall weather is imminent…
Anyway, I had quite an array of August empties!
Here’s a pic of the few other items I emptied:
Would I Repurchase?
- Osmosis MD Boost Peptide Activating Mist [affiliate link]: love this mist! I purchased another bottle during the recent Dermstore sale.
- Fresh Vitamin Nectar Antioxidant Glow Water [affiliate link]: I bought this mini on sale and liked it, but I’m not adding it to my list of favorite mists. The mist smells like Sweet Tarts, which I do like, but the actual spray mechanism isn’t the best.
- Sioris Time Is Running Out Mist [gifted; affiliate link]: Stylevana included this mini mist in a lovely gift that they sent me. I used it up pretty quickly, but to be honest there are other mists that I like more. The scent of this one is just not my favorite; it smells a little powdery for my taste.
- Biologique Recherche Lotion P50 [affiliate link]: LOVE. I bought this at a spa store a couple years ago and only recently emptied it because a little goes a long way. It does turn my face red for a bit if I use too much, but the redness doesn’t last long. I feel like this chemical exfoliant does a great job of brightening my skin tone. It’s not cheap (I believe around $70 for 5.1 oz) but for me, it’s worth the price tag. Would definitely repurchase.
- Purlisse Watermelon Energizing 2 Minute Polishing Peel: received in my Spring 2020 FabFitFun box. I didn’t end up using this frequently but did enjoy it. The watermelon scent is so fresh! It is a physical exfoliant, though, so I kept my usage to a minimum. I wouldn’t purchase because the scrub feels a little harsh, but I’d be interested in trying more by Purlisse.
- Kiehl’s Super Multi-Corrective Eye Zone Treatment [affiliate link]: purchased during the spring Sephora savings event. I went through this small jar pretty quickly, and would repurchase. I can’t say I saw visible results but my eye area didn’t get irritated and the cream isn’t overly heavy.
- Missha Aqua Sun SPF 50+ PA++++ [gifted; affiliate link]: also gifted by Stylevana, and it was great. I went through this tube quickly. This Korean SPF has a light, clean scent and absorbs easily. Zero white cast on my light skin tone. Would purchase on my own (and it’s under $10!).
- Dr. Loretta Concentrated Firming Serum [affiliate link]: I got this deeply discounted retinol serum ($24 instead of $80) as a FabFitFun add-on in my Spring 2021 box. It’s a gentle 0.5% retinol, which didn’t irritate my skin whatsoever. I didn’t see any visible results from it, though, so I don’t think I’d purchase it full price.
- Vegamour Gro Hair Serum [affiliate link]: I’ve gone through multiple bottles of this hair serum and felt like I was seeing less hair fall out in the shower for a bit. But now I don’t feel like it’s doing much. I’m on a new bottle now but am not sure I’ll repurchase after I empty it.
- Tatcha The Water Cream [affiliate link]: great moisturizer for me on summer mornings! I’ve purchased this before and would purchase again (at a discount, which is how I bought this jar).
- Glow Recipe Papaya Sorbet Enzyme Cleansing Balm [affiliate link]: so good! I’m going to try the Bliss cleansing balm that I bought, but I would totally repurchase this one.
Additional August Empties
- Up & Up Deep Moisturizing Body Wash [affiliate link]: I emptied the second bottle of this generic body wash from a two-pack. The wash is fine, but nothing exciting enough to repurchase.
- Vanicream Moisturizing Cream: I love this drugstore hand cream; I’ve gone through multiple tubs of it. I have a fresh pump tub ready to go for fall and winter.
- Wander Beauty Baggage Claim Eye Masks Limited Edition Priority Pass Pink [affiliate link]: love these and I’ve already purchased another pack of the rose gold version.
That does it for my August empties! I can’t believe I finished three mists last month. Summer in DC is pretty brutal, so I did find myself misting my face a couple times a day, especially after taking a walk.
Cheers to pumpkin spice season! Word on the street is that Trader Joe’s will start releasing fall items next week, so stay tuned for excited posts about those. 🙂