TV, Beauty, and Yummies
1. Euphoria Season Two: this week, we finished season two of this dark HBO series. The show is all over the place sometimes, but that tracks with its teen characters’ often volatile emotions. The acting is superb, but I was bummed to see Kat (Barbie Ferreira) relegated to a much smaller role after her season one development. On the flip side, it was nice to see Lexi (Maude Apatow) in an expanded role. The music that rolled when the closing credits began at the end of episode seven stunned me. I recognized the tune but couldn’t quite place it; when I learned it was the Cannibal Holocaust theme song, it blew my mind a little. I can’t stop thinking about it. Now I’m kinda giggling-slash-cringing at how folks will react when they try to watch that movie because of the song’s appearance in Euphoria…the film is a doozy.
2. Small Sephora Haul: I caved during the Sephora President’s Day sale last month and ordered a few items: a couple Dr. Jart+ sheet masks that I like, a couple Otherland candles that I’ve been wanting to try, First Aid Beauty Ingrown Hair Pads, and Fresh Vitamin Nectar Antioxidant Glow Water. The candles smell incredible and the packaging is so gorgeous…I’ll definitely repurpose the jars after burning the candles.
3. Grazie Grazie: last weekend we ordered sandwich delivery for dinner from this shop located at The Wharf. I follow the place on Instagram and have been wanting to try their food. And it did not disappoint! I got the Poncho, which is GG’s take on an eggplant parm. SO GOOD. John loved his Philly cheesesteak, too. We will definitely order from this place again.
4. Cucumber & Shiitake Mushroom Stir-Fry with Udon Noodles & Cashews: we’ve been getting Marley Spoon meal kits most weeks lately and have been very pleased with the dishes. My favorite meal this week was this vegetarian noodle dish, which was unusual because it involved stir frying cucumber slices in with the noodles. This dish was super flavorful; if you subscribe to Marley Spoon I highly recommend trying this recipe if you see that it’s available.
5. Trader Joe’s Incredisauce: I grabbed this sauce on a recent TJ’s run, and damn, is it good. The sauce is exactly as advertised: sweet, tangy, and smoky. I’ve put it in wraps, on nachos, and dipped pizza crust in it. Pick some up when you see it!