Happy New Year! I don’t know about you, but I’m thrilled that 2016 has been laid to rest and am ready to get this year rolling. The sooner we can get Trump in AND OUT of office, the better. 🙂
1. Stella & Dot Icon Convertible Watch: I actually ordered this watch more than a month ago but completely failed to post about it. I had been wanting to get a watch for quite some time, and when I saw that Stella & Dot was offering this one at a deeply discounted price—$49 instead of the usual $148—I had to have it. (This watch is currently on sale for $88.80, still good deal.) And I love it! It comes with a gold and a silver bezel for the face plate so you can switch it out depending on your mood. Cute!
2. Obi Probiotic Root Beer: I was very curious when I noticed this beverage at my local grocery store, so I picked up a bottle to try out. It’s…a bit funky. It’s not bad, per se, but as with many probiotic products, it’s an acquired taste. I don’t think this is something I’ll seek out and drink much, but if I’m in the mood for probiotics and don’t feel like having kombucha or yogurt, this is not a bad option.
3. Books! I requested and received these four books from my mom for Hanukkah: The Girl in the Spider’s Web by David Lagercrantz, Why Not Me? by Mindy Kaling, Eeny Meeny by M.J. Arlidge, and The Witches: Suspicion, Betrayal, and Hysteria in 1692 Salem by Stacy Schiff. I can’t wait to dig in to all of these!
4. Santa Pikachu: I took a stroll in Green-wood on New Year’s Day to get some fresh air and exercise because I’d been cooped up sick in the apartment for a week. I left Pokémon Go running my pocket to try and hatch some more eggs as I walked. At one point, this little bugger showed up (not the first Santa Pikachu that I had encountered!) and the screen shot I caught of him cracks me up so much that I had to share it here. How angry does this little guy look?! RAAAAAR! It’s even funnier because he’s in a cemetery.*
5. Very Juice Mexican Taco Salad: my husband and I both got the flu over the holidays and spent a few days feverishly lying around the apartment. Once we started to feel a little better we took a short stroll over to Very Juice and picked up some fresh pressed juice and salads for dinner. I got this vegan taco salad with soy chorizo and cashew cheese, and it was so delicious! The only problem was that they skimped on most of the ingredients, and at $14, that’s kind of annoying. Otherwise, I really enjoyed it!
*Some would say that playing Pokémon Go in a cemetery is disrespectful and inappropriate, and I wasn’t totally sure about doing it myself. This particular cemetery offers nighttime events where people can enjoy cocktails, listen to music, and watch performers, so I feel like if the place is okay with hosting that kind of activity, a little Pokémon playing isn’t so bad.