My First Project Pan Attempt
I always see people posting Project Pan updates on Instagram. Basically, Project Pan is when you try to finish up select products from your makeup stash. “Pan” refers to when you reach the bottom of a product, like when the metal bottom of one of my eyeshadows in a palette started to peek through. Even better: when you actually empty the product.
Because I’ve amassed a collection and so rarely hit pan, I recently decided that 2019 would be a good time to try Project Pan for myself. This will give me a reason to, you know, actually wear makeup that I’ve spent money on rather than letting it sit in a drawer. I decided to go (somewhat) easy on myself for my first Project Pan and picked products I can realistically see myself using often.
With that in mind, here’s the list of my 2019 Project Pan products:
- Glossier Stretch Concealer in Light
- RMS Living Luminizer
- bareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream Broad Spectrum SFP 30 in Birch 1.5
- ColourPop Fame Palette
- Clinique Superbalm Moisturizing Gloss in Black Honey (I’ve had this for years but have never opened it!)
- Pat McGrath Labs Mini MatteTrance Lipstick in Flesh 3
- Flesh Fleshy Lips Lipstick in Hungry
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencil in 1993
- Charlotte Tilbury Rock ‘n’ Kohl Eye Pencil in Veruschka Mink
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light
Even though most of these products seem like easy picks, this is still a very ambitious bunch! I’ll feel accomplished if I hit pan on just one shadow in the palette, haha.
I’ll update you on my project here and on Instagram periodically, so stay tuned!
Are you doing Project Pan this year and if so, how many products did you pick?