My 10 Favorite Skin Care Products I Tried This Year
I know, “Top Whatever” lists are a dime a dozen. But you know what? I love lists. So decided to come up with my own. In no particular order, here are my 10 favorite skin care products that I tried in 2018.
1. Tatcha The Silk Canvas: I actually don’t think I’ve blogged about this product or even posted about it on Instagram. I bought it with a Sephora discount earlier this year AND I LOVE IT. It functions as a primer under makeup, but I sometimes use it as a final step in my skin care routine. The Silk Canvas does a great job of blurring pores and giving skin a smooth finish. It smells lovely, and as with all things Tatcha, the packaging is gorgeous.
2 and 3. Osmosis Skincare Enlighten Pigment Fading Serum and Rescue Epidermal Repair Serum: you may recall I bought these on the recommendation of the esthetician who gave me a facial in Napa. And I decided to conduct an experiment with them to see if they would fade my dark spots. I’ve now run out of Rescue and am almost out of Enlighten; I’ll post an update once I’ve finished it. Some of my dark spots have actually faded a bit, so I’m happy with these products.
4. Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Cream: I received a sample of this in my November Play! by Sephora box and promptly bought a full sized tube during the most recent Rouge discount event. I’m currently using it as my morning moisturizer and it’s been great for my dry winter skin.
5. Milk Makeup Cooling Water Stick Mini: I got one of these in the Milk Makeup Meet the Fam Bestsellers set and liked it enough to buy a second mini during a Rouge event. It feels so soothing under my eyes and helps depuff in the morning.
6. Farmacy Dew It All Total Eye Cream: I received a full sized jar of this cream in my fall FabFitFun box, and I’m really liking it. I’ve gotten a couple milia under my eyes from other eye creams, but once I started using this cream, they went away. It’s light but moisturizing and I would totally purchase this on my own.
7. Elta MD UV Daily Broad Spectrum SPF 40: this SPF was another recommendation from the Napa esthetician. I knew I made the right choice to buy this when I went to the derm this summer and saw a display of Elta MD products on the counter. I’ve already stocked up on two more bottles of this to have on hand.
8. Tatcha The Pearl: I wrote a review of this product, so you can head on over here to read more. Yes, this product is tricky to apply, but when you get it right, the undereye brightening is quite apparent.
9. GlamGlow BubbleSheet Oxygenating Deep Cleanse Masks: oh, did you think we would get through this post without any masks? I received two of these sheet masks in my fall FabFitFun box and liked them enough to buy a three-pack during a Rouge event. They’re super fun to use, they smell great, and they leave skin feeling very clean.
10. Wander Beauty Baggage Claim Rose Gold Eye Masks: I first heard about these on Natch Beaut and only bought them recently. I loved them so much I put them on my holiday gift list (and received them!). Not only are the rose gold eye patches pretty, they feel so soothing and hydrating. Love.
What do you think of my 2018 skin care picks? What were your favorites this year?