**Some product links in this post are affiliate links and noted as such. If you click on an affiliate link and make a purchase, I’ll earn a small commission.**
So Many Empties in January!
Happy February! January seemed endless this year. Do I say that every January? Probably. Regardless, I’m glad we’re moving forward. Omicron infections are still going around DC, but the rate is a whole lot lower than it was in December and early January. So that’s a step in the right direction.
Take a peek at some of the products I emptied last month:
I also used a few sheet masks because it’s winter and my skin needs a little extra hydration these days.
Would I Repurchase?
- Vegamour Gro Hair Serum [affiliate link]: I feel like I started seeing less hair fallout in the shower pretty soon after beginning to use this serum. I used it daily and have begun using the Gro+ Advanced Hair Serum now that I finished the original formula. I might go back to the regular version after I empty that one, as I think the original formula was pretty good on its own.
- Innisfree Intensive Hydrating Toner with Green Tea Seed [affiliate link]: This was my first Innisfree product, and I did not like the scent. It’s so fragranced that I felt like I was applying cologne to my face. The hydration was okay, but that scent is just not for me. I used it up, but would not repurchase.
- Olaplex No. 6 Bond Smoother [affiliate link]: I applied a bit of this styling cream to my damp hair regularly after showering, and I don’t feel like it really did anything for my hair. Not that I do anything to style my hair. This product feels unnecessary for me, so I’ll skip it in the future.
- Olaplex Hair Perfector No. 3 [affiliate link]: I’ve purchased a second bottle of this hair mask. I’m still trying to get into a routine of using it weekly rather than once every few weeks, but I do think it makes my hair feel softer on the days that I use it.
- Bliss In the Honey Mega Moisturizing Lavender Honey Mask: I enjoyed this mask and would buy it again, though I’m not sure it’s still available for purchase
- Acure Brightening Facial Scrub Mini [affiliate link]: from the 2019 Whole Foods Beauty Bag. I swear I didn’t have this mini open for almost three years; I didn’t open it until sometime last year. I’ve used this scrub before and have always liked it. Physical scrubs have fallen out of favor because they can be harsh, but I’d buy this one again to use on occasion.
- Nécessaire The Body Exfoliator, The Body Serum, and The Body Lotion [all gifted; affiliate links]: I really like the Exfoliator and Lotion, though I’m not sure the serum is truly necessary for me. It absorbs quickly and leaves a faintly tacky feel, so I don’t love that. I would buy the Exfoliator and Lotion on my own, but I think I’d skip the Serum. I really appreciate the opportunity to try them all, of course!
- Heretic Parfums Dirty Lemon and Dirty Ginger samples [affiliate links]: from the sampler I received for my birthday a couple years ago. These two weren’t my favorite on their own, but they were nice when layered with Dirty Jasmine and Dirty Fig.
- Dior Prestige La Micro-Huile de Rose Advanced Serum [complimentary via Influenster; affiliate link]: I posted about this serum recently; it was lovely, but nothing nearly magical enough for me to want to spend almost $300 on.
- The Lyfestyle No. Beach Mist: from my Summer 2020 FabFitFun box. I kept this in the fridge and used it to spritz my face midday, especially after summertime walks. I didn’t love it; the pump didn’t always work smoothly and the mist wasn’t very fine. I wouldn’t buy this on my own.
- Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay Mask [affiliate link]: I recently realized that this mask was several years past its expiration date. It would probably be fine to use, but I tossed it out anyway. I’d repurchase, but only if I could get a smaller jar. This one is WAY too big to use up in a realistic time frame.
- Paula’s Choice C15 Super Booster [gifted; affiliate link]: I tried this Vitamin C in the past and suspected that it caused some minor skin irritation. So I discontinued use and tossed it out. When the brand gifted me this product last year, I decided to give it another shot…and I experienced irritation again (a couple little itchy spots). My facial skin doesn’t get irritated very easily, so I was surprised to experience this. The booster has good reviews, but unfortunately my skin isn’t a fan.
- Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Facial Barrier Mask [affiliate link]: this sheet mask was very hydrating, and I would purchase it again.
- Patchology MoodMask Get Dewy With It Mega Moisture Sheet Mask [affiliate link]: another good hydrating mask that I would repurchase.
- Boscia Pore Purifying Black Charcoal Strip: I know pore strips are potentially irritating, but I think occasional use is fine. I can’t remember the last time I used one of these. It is always fun to see the gunk they rip out of your nose pores! These feel a little more gentle than the standard Biore strips. I don’t think I’d repurchase; I’ll probably stick with liquid exfoliants. But these can be visually satisfying.
- Wander Beauty Baggage Claim Rose Gold and Limited Edition Priority Pass Pink Eye Masks [affiliate links]: always love these!
That’s a wrap for January beauty empties! Onward, 2022. Let’s see what you’ve got in store for us (*crosses fingers for good things*).