**Some product links in this post are affiliate links and noted as such. If you click on an affiliate link and make a purchase, I’ll earn a small commission.**
Overdue Haircut, The Afterparty, and more
1. Haircut! I went WAY too long without a haircut. I’m talking, it had been two-plus years without setting foot in a salon (obviously due to the pandemic). I trimmed my hair on my own every time I felt like I needed it, but it was way past time for a professional cut. My hair is so fine and thin that it just does’t look good once it grows past a certain length, and I’ve been quite unhappy with it for awhile now. So I finally got a proper haircut this past Monday! I’m loving the shorter length; my hair feels so much healthier, swingy, and free! Wheeee!
2. The Afterparty: we watched the first three episodes of this new AppleTV+ mystery comedy, and I’m thoroughly enjoying it. THIS CAST THO. It’s like a who’s who of hilarious folks: Ben Schwartz (hi Jean Ralphio), Sam Richardson (hi Richard Splett), Ilana Glazer, Tiffany Haddish, Ike Barinholtz, Dave Franco, and more. The “Yasper” episode was my favorite so far, because I’m a sucker for musical episodes. If you liked Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, you’ll love that one (a CXG writer and choreographer were involved). I believe the rest of the episodes will now drop weekly, so it’s unfortunately not fully binge-able at the moment. I’m very curious to see how this genre-hopping mystery will unfold.
3. Renée Rouleau Energizing Cleansing Mask [affiliate link]: after hearing this celebrity esthetician on a recent episode of Natch Beaut, I decided it was time to try her skin care. I took her skin care type quiz (apparently I’m type six, which is normal/anti-aging) and ordered this clay mask, which is recommended for my skin type. I have not yet tried this mask but I’m really looking forward to using it; I’ll post about it on my Instagram once I’ve been able to use it a few times.
4. Funko Pop! Ash: I’ll be honest, I completely forgot that I pre-ordered this guy! To be fair, I placed the order last June. The expected ship date was September 2021, but I’m sure there were delays because everything is such a mess these days. So it was a fun surprise when he arrived this week! The Evil Dead is one of my favorite horror movies; I can watch it again and again. So I’m happy to have this 40th anniversary edition of bloody-faced Ash in my Pop collection (nerd note: the actual anniversary was in 2021).
5. Creamy Coconut Noodles: another week, another Marley Spoon meal kit. These coconut noodles with mushrooms, snow peas, and toasted peanuts were very easy to make, and they tasted great! This is another dish that I would make again on my own. Yum!