Make It Black, Nécessaire Promo, and more
1. Make It Black Products: I mentioned this initiative a couple weeks ago, and the products I ordered have finally all arrived! I bought Cleopatra Ink Afro.Dis.Iac Liquid Eyeliner from Uoma Beauty, Briogeo Avocado + Kiwi Mega Moisture Superfood Mask, and ColourPop Lippie Stix in Galore. I’m very excited to try these products! All of the proceeds from Make it Black products will support Black founders in the early stage of their businesses. So by buying products from the collection, you’re helping contribute to equity in small business development and Black employment.
2. Nécessaire Promo: as a Nécessaire ambassador, I want to share a promotion with you to help keep that dry winter skin hydrated as we move into spring. Now through Sunday, 2/28/21, you can get 10% off purchases at necessaire.com [affiliate link] when you use code HEIMAN10 at checkout. The Body Treatment Set ($55 regular // $49.50 discounted) is an especially great option right now; it includes a full sized Body Serum and Body Lotion, which you can apply separately or mix together to moisturize your skin. I’ve been loving both of these this winter! I appreciate that they’re fragrance-free because my body skin is so sensitive. [Disclosure: Nécessaire gifted me The Body Lotion. The Body Serum was a free gift with an order I placed on Black Friday last year.]
3. Mini Target Beauty Haul: I recently decided to order a few beauty items from Target…the new Jason Wu Beauty Free-Da Brow Mascara, Derma-E Hydrating Gentle Cleanser, and Acure Ultra Hydrating Cucumber & Hyaluronic Superfine Mist. I spent so long browsing cleansers and mists on a few websites before settling on these affordable products. I’ve only started using the cleanser as of yet, but so far so good. I’ll update once I’ve had a chance to use all three.
4. Balloon Pop Super Shock Shadow: I was disappointed to receive a broken Super Shock Shadow from the ColourPop x Animal Crossing collaboration. But when I contacted ColourPop customer service, they kindly sent me a replacement and it arrived this week. I love Super Shock Shadow so much! Look at this gorgeous sparkly peachy shade:
5. Ben & Jerry’s Netflix & Chill’d Ice Cream: I placed an online grocery order from Giant this week, and when I browsed their ice cream section and saw this flavor, I had to try it. It’s a peanut butter ice cream base with sweet and salty pretzel swirls and fudge brownies. HELLO, THIS IS DELICIOUS. 10/10 would buy again. Also, Ben & Jerry’s is killing it in terms of anti-racism awareness.