Second Beauty Empties of 2021
Happy March! I’m thrilled March is here because it means that spring is around the corner. It snowed a bunch here in DC lately, and I’m OVER IT. We’re still in a pandemic and I’d love some warmer weather for taking walks!
I emptied quite a few beauty products during the shortest month of the year:
I didn’t do too much sheet masking:
Would I Repurchase?
- Not Your Mother’s Blue Sea Kale & Pure Coconut Water Conditioner: it took me a long time to get through this bottle, which, as you can see, is all schmutz-y from being in the shower for so long. This conditioner smells nice and does a pretty good job of making my hair feel soft. It’s affordable and I’d consider repurchasing.
- Trader Joe’s Shea Butter & Coconut Oil Hair Mask: another product that’s fine but not too exciting. I guess I don’t get that pumped about conditioners. Again, it’s very affordable so I’d potentially repurchase, once I actually feel comfortable going back to TJs. (Honestly, shopping there is one of the things I miss the most these days.)
- Heretic Parfum Dirty Fig & Dirty Neroli: these fragrance samples are from the brand’s Discovery Set that I received for my 41st birthday. I don’t often like fragrances, but I’m loving most of these Heretic samples. It’s fun to mix and match them. I’ve since bought a larger Dirty Jasmine and Dirty Fig. Dirty Neroli works well with both of those scents but I wouldn’t wear it on its own. This is a great fragrance brand and I want to try more!
- Pacifica Sea Foam Complete Face Wash: this cleanser is just okay. It leaves my skin feeling squeaky clean, which is usually a sign it’s stripping your face of moisture. I don’t think my skin felt extra dry after using this cleanser, so that’s good, at least. The packaging is adorable and the price point is accessible, but I didn’t love it enough to repurchase.
- EvolvH SuperFinish Polishing Balm: lol…this mini is from my July 2016 Birchbox. Lately, I’ve been working on emptying hair care samples that I received years ago. I guess this product made my hair feel a tad softer, but it wasn’t great enough for me to go through quickly.
- Caudalie Beauty Elixir: LOVE. The mist is so fine, feels refreshing, and smells great. Would 100% repurchase.
- Fresh Sugar Lip Balm in Petal: also love! I’ve gone through many of these Fresh lip balms, but I think Petal is my favorite shade so far. It’s the perfect pinky nude for me. Will definitely repurchase at some point but I have a couple other shades that I want to go through first.
- Olaplex Hair Perfector No. 3 Mini: from the hair repair trial kit that I bought during the Rouge Holiday event last year. I liked it enough to buy it full sized.
- Thayer’s Unscented Witch Hazel Facial Toner: I’ve gone through many bottles of this and already have a backup.
- Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Mask: so good! These are a little pricey, but worth it…especially if you buy a pack during a Sephora discount event.
- Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Packet: everyone raves about this stuff, and I totally forgot that I had a sample packet in my stash. I finally tried it and really liked it. It’s not cheap, but I’d consider buying this with a Sephora discount at some point.
- May Coop Raw Sheet Mask: also good! I’m still working through the pack I bought as a FabFitFun add-on, but I’d buy these again.
- Wander Beauty Rose Gold Baggage Claim Eye Masks: still love these, would buy more.
That’s all for February! I’m amazed at how many hair care products I emptied. Now that I’ve rotated new hair products into my shower, it feels like a whole different experience in there. 😛
The COVID-19 vaccine rollout is still going slowly, but I’m now eligible to get it and will hopefully be able to register for my appointments in the next few weeks! Keep masking up and social distancing, folks. The end is in sight!