HBO Documentary, P50, Trader Joe’s
1. McMillion$: we watched the first couple episodes of this new HBO documentary this week…and I’m hooked. Of course I played the McDonald’s Monopoly game back in the day, along with everyone and their mother. (For the record, I never liked McDonald’s. I’ve never liked meat, and when I was a kid in the 80s they offered few options for non-meat eaters.) I had never heard of this crazy story involving fraudulent winners, so this doc is fascinating. If you start watching it, I also recommend listening to the companion podcast.
2. Biologique Recherche Lotion P50: while on a short mid-week getaway last week, I swung by my resort’s spa store to see what they had. I was delighted to see this fancy French skin care brand, which is mostly only available at spas (also online at Rescue Spa). I’ve heard people rave about this cult classic “magical” product, but I knew there were multiple formulas and that at least one of them (the original 1970 P50) was controversial due to the inclusion of phenol, which is banned in Canada and the EU. After some online research, I decided to treat myself to this phenol-free P50 formula. I’ve only used it once so far, but will update when I’ve had more time to use it!
3. Trader Joe’s Everything But the Elote Seasoning Blend: I shop at TJ’s a lot, in case you hadn’t noticed. It’s the grocery store closest to our house! I love that TJ’s always releases new products, and when I saw this seasoning blend I had to have it. I’ve been putting it on avocados, and it’s so yummy! This stuff would taste great on popcorn. I want to try mixing it into plain Greek yogurt; I bet it would make a super tasty dip. Actually, I wouldn’t be surprised if they came out with an EBTE dip, like they did with Everything But the Bagel (which is also amazing)! Note to vegans: this blend contains cheese.
4. Trader Joe’s Lemon Cookie Soy Candles: I also picked up two of these candles on my recent TJs run. The scent is a little unbalanced, in my opinion; it’s more cookie than lemon. John thinks the scent is too sweet, but I like it.
5. GT’s Kombucha Watermelon Wonder: yup, another TJ’s buy! I don’t buy kombucha often because I make it at home (though John drinks it more than I do). I spotted this watermelon flavor the other day, and I’m happy I bought it—this is one delicious beverage!