My First Retinol, Cotton Candy, New Bed Frame, and more
1. Drunk Elephant A-Passioni: I’ve been hearing so much about the great things retinol can do for skin. So when Drunk Elephant recently released a retinol cream, I had to buy it! I actually didn’t use my own money—I had procured a $100 Sephora gift card using Rouge points, so I made the purchase with the gift card. SCORE! I haven’t started using A-Passioni yet because my skin has been a little upset due to the cold weather. I’ll wait until it has calmed back down and will slowly introduce it into my routine. I’m excited to see how it goes!
2. My First Cotton Candy: John’s second and final company holiday party was this past Monday. While this one didn’t have a tattoo artist, they did have Dance Dance Revolution and Fluffness—a fancy cotton candy vendor! I wasn’t allowed to eat cotton candy as a kid because it’s just pure sugar. I may tasted it at some point, but I’m positive I’ve never gotten my own entire cotton candy before. So this party seemed like a good time to try it! I got the Unicorn’s Breakfast flavor with blue sprinkles on top. It was the size of my head! And I loved every fluffy, sugary bite.
3. West Elm Mid-Century Bed Frame: we’re upgrading to a king sized bed for our new home! One of our requirements for a home was that the master bedroom had to comfortably fit a king bed. We got a Casper mattress, which we haven’t unboxed yet, and we’re putting it on this beautiful bed frame that matches the nightstands we already have. We’re moving in next Tuesday and I can’t wait!!
4. The Stranger Beside Me [paid link]: I’m FINALLY reading this true crime classic by Ann Rule! It tells the story of serial killer Ted Bundy, but there’s a twist: Rule actually knew him personally via working together at a crisis center. I’m not as well versed in the Ted Bundy story as I am with some other true crime stories, so I’m excited to dig into this one.
5. Aveeno Repairing Cica Hand Mask [paid link]: my hands get more and more miserably dry every winter. I spotted this hand mask along with another version at Walgreens earlier this week and decided to try them out. You can see more pics and my review on my Instagram.
Next week I’ll be writing from our new house! HOORAY!