New Cats! Plus Cat Tattoos and more
1. Introducing…Our New Cats! Our home has felt empty ever since we said goodbye to sweet Zoe in September. We recently started to feel ready to bring new kitties into our lives, so we went to a couple area shelters to meet some cats. These two super sweet bonded orange boys are just the type of cats we were looking for. Their names were Jack and Josh but we’ve changed them to Cheddar and Linus; they’re supposedly two and five years old, respectively. We think they’re both more like three or four. We applied to adopt them the day we met them, and then brought them home last Thursday. So far they’ve been adjusting very well to their new home. They’re such sweeties; Cheddar is a total love bug lap cat, and Linus is very playful but also likes affection. It’s wonderful to have some little fur buddies around again!
2. Cat Paw Tattoos: since we lost Walter and Zoe, I’ve wanted to get tattoos of their paw prints. This Tuesday evening I finally got them! The tattoo in the top pic is Walter’s paw and I got it on my inner left ankle. The bottom pic is Zoe’s paw and it’s on my inner right forearm. They turned out so cute! The ankle tattoo hurt more than the arm, but neither was too painful. They’re both pretty small so they didn’t take the tattoo artist long to do, maybe 20 minutes tops (apiece). I’m happy to have these little memorials to our cats with me at all times now.
3. BCP Jewelry Labradorite Horn Necklace: I’ve had my eye on this beautiful necklace for awhile, so when Barbara Pellegrino had a 30% off sale recently, I finally bought it! Labradorite is my favorite stone and I love the horn shape of this one. I can see this being a good everyday piece for me.
4. Trader Joe’s Turmeric Ginger Coconut Beverage: yum! This is Trader Joe’s version of a golden milk, and it is delicious. I’m not sure if it was a limited time thing, but I hope not, because I definitely want to buy more.
5. Starbucks Reusable Holiday Cup: I’m trying to reduce my carbon footprint so I was happy to hear that Starbucks released reusable coffee cups with a holiday design. Apparently they were giving them away with orders of holiday lattes at first but they now sell them for $2 apiece. So I recently bought one with my chestnut praline latte, and now I need to remember to bring it with me next time I go to Starbucks!