Orchid Bloom, Rose Chocolate Bar, and more
Happy Valentine’s Day! I totally skipped doing a Friday Five post last week because I was 100% socially tapped out and did basically nothing all week. So I didn’t really have much to write about.
1. New Orchid Bloom: this orchid recently started blooming in my greenhouse, so I thought Valentine’s Day would be the perfect time to share a photo! I love the intense red color.
2. Trader Joe’s Raspberry Rose White Chocolate Bar: I managed to get through a few shopping trips at TJ’s without buying this bar. But I knew I’d eventually break down and buy one. The weather has been really rainy and overcast ever since I bought it, so the photo here has pretty dreary lighting that muddies the pink tone of the bar. Not only is this chocolate bar cute, it tastes great! I know some people think white chocolate is garbage, but I happen to like it. And white chocolate goes really well with raspberry, IMO.
3. Area Rug: I’d been interested in getting a rug for my home office for awhile…I’ve gone down the rug rabbit hole on multiple websites in search of the right one. I FINALLY settled on this Mistana Hillsby Purple/Teal Area Rug from Wayfair. I’m loving it so far! The corners are still a little curled up but they’re flattening out with use. I might shift it so that my desk chair doesn’t have to run over the rug edge. This rug brings some color and coziness into my little office/guest room. And the cats enjoy hanging out on it too. Hooray!
4. Trader Joe’s Protein Patties: I recently discovered that TJ’s has its own version of the Beyond Burger, which I love. So I had to try this one and see how it compares! When cooked, the TJ’s version remains more pink than the BB, but the packaging says that’s to be expected. It’s been a little while since I ate a BB, but I think those are more flavorful than the TJ’s burger. The TJ’s patty is still quite good, and John liked it too. Of course I slapped some cheese on our burgers to un-veganize them. I don’t mind eating vegan now and then, but dammit, sometimes (aka all the time) I need cheese! I’ll definitely buy these again for those lazy easy dinner nights!
5. The Perfect Bar: I’ve seen this in the refrigerated section at TJ’s before but never thought to pick one up until recently. The Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough flavor caught my eye…and man, is it tasty!! (I *think* they’ve since renamed this one Dark Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter.) You’re supposed to keep these in the fridge, but the bars can be unrefrigerated for up to one week. Now I want to try all of their flavors and their other products!