Quick note: I’m going on a weeklong vacation soon so I will most likely skip my Friday Five next week.
1. Wormwood: a fascinating, disturbing six-part documentary from famed director Errol Morris about the search for answers after the suspicious death of an Army scientist in the 1950s. The episodes interweave recreations of what may or may not have actually happened, featuring talent such as Peter Sarsgaard, Molly Parker, Bob Balaban, Jimmi Simpson, and more. I won’t give too much away here, but the story involves the CIA, MK Ultra, and a government conspiracy. Curiosity piqued yet?
2. 30-Minute Cashew Alfredo: I know my photo doesn’t make this dish look very appealing, but it was super freaking delicious! I used a recipe from Minimalist Baker and it was very easy, though I completely bastardized it by making it non-vegan (I used regular milk instead of almond milk and regular parmesan instead of vegan parm. I served the sauce over zucchini noodles and grape tomatoes, and will definitely be making this dish again!
3. KCOOL Octopus Style Portable and Adjustable Tripod Stand Holder: along with my new Instagram account I want to try doing some Get Ready With Me timelapse videos and possibly some live ones too. In order to do those I needed a stand for my phone. So I found this little set on Amazon for $10.98! I’ve used it once and so far so good. The legs are flexible and you can rotate the head to use your phone at a variety of angles. It also comes with a bluetooth remote which I don’t know if I’ll use (I don’t particularly want to download the phone app that’s required to make it work).
4. Sephora Collection Algae Sleeping Mask: this little mask pod was one of four sleeping masks included in the Holy Sheet mask set that I received over the holidays. I decided to try this detoxing and purifying formula and found that the pod contains several nights’ worth of product. I actually got three or four uses out of it, and that was with slathering on what felt like a shit ton of the mask each time. My skin felt quite moisturized each morning after use, though I can’t really tell if it had much of a purifying or detoxing effect.
5. Fun Dip: when I saw this in the Valentine’s candy aisle at the drugstore, it took me back to my childhood…so I had to buy a box. I LOVE the little stick that you dip in the candy powder. To me it tastes like marshmallows in solid form! So bad for you, but so tasty.