1. Animal Dragon Soothing Mask: another k-beauty sheet mask from my late winter Memebox haul! I had heard about this one from a friend on Instagram, and seeing as how dragons are awesome I just had to try it. And I learned that one of the reasons that my husband hates it when I do these is because I always have such a serious face in the selfies that I send him (aka Resting Sheet Mask Murder-y Face). So I tried to smile in my dragon selfie…but it’s hard to smile with this thing on! I can’t get over how fun these printed sheet masks are!
2. Go Raw Zesty Pizza Sprouted Flax Snax: it’s hard to resist snacks that proclaim to be pizza-flavored, so when I spotted this snack bag on Thrive Market I had to try it for myself. And I was not disappointed—these crunchy little “crackers” are seriously tasty! The ingredient list is pretty short, and they are a good source of protein and fiber. If you’re in the mood for a new savory snack, I recommend you get your hands on a bag of these. Also, Thrive Market sells them for $3.65/bag, which is 28% off regular price!
3. Outdoor Tech Privates Wireless Headphones: like the Olay microdermabrasion kit I mentioned last week, my dad got these in his gift bag when he won a ski race, and he gave them to my husband and I. At first I wasn’t all that interested in wireless headphones, but then I thought about all the WNYC listening I do while puttering around the house watering my orchids and cleaning, and I thought they might come in handy. So I charged them and synced them with the Bluetooth on my laptop and my iPhone, and they work pretty well (though the range isn’t super far). The instructions are the best part; when you name your gadget “Privates” you’re stuck with cheeky orders like “For best results, fully charge your Privates before use” and “Connect your Privates to your computer.” 😛
4. Moody Tongue Caramelized Chocolate Churro Baltic Porter: this beer’s name is a mouthful, and what a delicious mouthful it is. My husband and I picked this up at a local craft beer and gourmet shop called The Prospector. I was drawn to it for the brand name first and the dessert-y flavor profile second. I’m not much of a beer drinker, but I really liked this brew. It’s seriously chocolatey! I would totally buy it again.
5. The Biggest Strawberry That Ever Lived: I bought a carton of organic strawberries for my smoothie-making adventures this week, and when I opened it this ginormous berry jumped out at me. Look at this fucking thing—it’s nearly the size of the palm of my hand! And my hands are not small! I was almost sad to cut it up for my smoothie. The other berries in the carton were also larger than average, but none were this huge. Unbelievable!