**Some links in this post are affiliate links and noted as such. If you click on an affiliate link and make a purchase, I’ll earn a small commission.**
So. Many. Empties.
Happy April! I promise there’s nothing April Fool’s-related in this post…I’m truly not a fan of April Fool’s Day jokes or pranks. This post is full of my thoughts on the beauty products that I emptied last month. I finished quite a few skin care products, along with some hair care and more!
Here are the hair care products that I emptied in March, plus a deodorant:
And the sheet masks that I used up, which mostly consisted of eye masks. Apparently I felt like eye masking was necessary in March!
Would I Repurchase?
Quick note about the links below…the Sephora spring savings event starts today for Rouge members, so if you do any shopping via these links during the event you’ll save some dough (and I’ll earn a small commission)! I’ve linked to Sephora below whenever possible. Details about the savings event are in my last post.
The Skin Care
- Youth to the People Superfood Air Whip Moisture Cream mini [affiliate link]: a nice, light cream that my skin drinks in. Would consider buying as a summertime AM cream.
- Earth Harbor Glow Juice: from my Spring 2021 FabFitFun box. Loved this! It made my skin look bright every time I used it. I’d buy it on my own—and I’m interested in trying more from the brand.
- Bliss Mighty Marshmallow Bright & Radiant Whipped Mask [affiliate link]: this was a repurchase, and I’d buy it again. It’s affordable and feels effective.
- Youth to the People Superberry Dream Cleansing Balm [gifted; affiliate link]: I really liked this cleansing balm, which to me smells like Smarties candy (a plus for me). I only used it as a first cleanse, not as a single cleanse. My one quibble is that it gets a little crumbly when it’s cold. But I would purchase this on my own.
- Skinfix Barrier+ Triple Lipid-Boost 360° Eye [affiliate link]: a fine eye cream, nothing too exciting. The packaging isn’t great—the cream left in the nozzle would dry out, even after just one night, and the next time I used it, the leftover bit would pump out as a hardened clump. I wouldn’t repurchase unless they improve this issue.
- Tatcha Indigo Overnight Repair Serum In Cream Treatment [affiliate link]: this cream kept my skin well hydrated at night last winter, but I feel like it was almost TOO rich even for my dry skin. And I don’t like that it leaves a film on your hands that’s hard to wash off after applying. Tatcha is lovely, but it’s not a hit for me 100% of the time. I like a lot of hydration in the winter, but I’ll probably try something else when it gets cold again.
- Youth to the People Adaptogen Soothe + Hydrate Activated Mist [affiliate link]: I went through this bottle pretty quickly. The smell isn’t the best, but it’s not a dealbreaker for me. The only thing that would keep me from repurchasing is that the pump could be improved; it was especially hard to get a good mist once I got near the bottom.
- Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Cream [affiliate link]: love this! It’s such a good winter morning cream. Would totally repurchase next winter.
- Paula’s Choice Clinical Discoloration Repair Serum [gifted; affiliate link]: jury’s still out on this one even though I emptied it. That’s because I wasn’t consistent with use, so that’s on me. I really appreciated the opportunity to try it for free and would give it another shot on my own.
- EltaMD UV Clear Broad-Spectrum Sunscreen SPF 46 – Untinted [affiliate link]: always love this! I’m trying a couple other SPFs for now, but will likely end up going back to this one.
The Hair & Body Care
- L’Oreal Paris Elvive 8 Second Wonder Water Hair Transforming Lamellar Rinse-Out [affiliate link]: I wanted to try this after hearing about it on a beauty podcast (either Fat Mascara or Breaking Beauty…maybe both?). I liked the smooth, soft effect it had on my hair, but the smell is pretty offputting. I’m going to try Drybar’s version next, but I might repurchase this in the future. The smell is strong, but not quite bad enough to be a dealbreaker.
- Drunk Elephant Cocomino Glossing Shampoo [affiliate link]: it’s fine. This was a repurchase but I’m not into the brand anymore so I’ll look elsewhere.
- Dove 0% Aluminum Cucumber & Green Tea Deodorant [affiliate link]: pretty good, and I like what Dove as a brand is doing with regard to inclusion. Would repurchase.
- Oribe Après Beach Wave & Shine Spray [affiliate link]: literally from an August 2016 Birchbox (LOL). I finally decided to use this up. It’s fine, I guess. It’s so hard for me to fall for hair care products. I probably wouldn’t purchase this.
The Single-Use Bad-for-the-Environment Packets
- Farmacy Beauty Hydrating Coconut Gel Sheet Mask [affiliate link]: a good hydrating mask; would buy again.
- Bliss That’s Incredi-Peel Pad [gifted; affiliate link]: loved these and would buy on my own!
- Wander Beauty Baggage Claim Eye Masks [affiliate link]: my thoughts on these are well documented.
- Skyn Iceland Hydrocool Firming Eye Gels [affiliate link]: see above re: Wander.
Wow…after writing all of this I realized March was a pretty epic month for empties! This might be the most products that I’ve ever finished in a single month! Sometimes the timing just works out like that.
Have a wonderful April, folks!