**Some links in this post are affiliate links and noted as such. If you click on an affiliate link and make a purchase, I’ll earn a small commission.**
Empties, An Anniversary, & How to Help Ukraine
Another month has come to a close, and John and I just hit a personal milestone: the fifth anniversary of our move to DC. It doesn’t feel like we’ve lived here for five years, but that’s because we’ve spent a full two years of that time mostly staying home due to the pandemic. Though the past two years haven’t been the best, I still feel pleased with our decision to leave NYC. And it kinda blows my mind that I’ve already lived in DC for nearly a third of the time that I lived in NY!
Before I discuss the beauty products that I emptied in February, I want to take a moment to acknowledge Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. I can’t claim a deep knowledge or understanding of what’s taking place, but I do believe that what’s happening is an atrocity and a threat to democracy. If you’re interested in supporting Ukraine from afar, NPR has an article listing out some legit aid organizations that need monetary assistance.
There’s no good way to segue from this topic to beauty empties. So let’s just get to it.
Here are a few more products (mostly minis) that I emptied last month:
Would I Repurchase?
- Nécessaire The Body Wash [gifted; affiliate link]: I’ve gone through many bottles of this body wash and I really like it. Would still repurchase.
- Paula’s Choice Perfectly Balanced Foaming Cleanser [affiliate link]: a really nice, gentle cleanser that I’ve already repurchased. Note: this brand has gifted me products, but I purchased this one on my own.
- Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Cream [affiliate link]: I love using this as my morning cream in the winter. I’ll likely repurchase again next winter.
- OsmosisMD Infuse Nutrient Activating Mist [affiliate link]: I think I prefer the brand’s Boost mist over this one. It’s hard to articulate why, but I think I’d rather repurchase Boost. The Infuse mist was perfectly fine, but I think maybe Boost just felt more refreshing.
- CeraVe Hydrating Micellar Water: this product stung my eyes, so instead of using it to remove eye makeup I used it to clean makeup swatches off of my arm. I would not buy this again.
- Vegamour Gro+ Advanced Hair Serum [affiliate link]: I didn’t see any real difference between this and the brand’s regular hair serum in the pink bottle, so I went ahead and repurchased the pink one.
- Heretic Dirty Jasmine Eau de Parfum [affiliate link]: I love this scent! My only quibble is that it doesn’t last long on me. Still, I might repurchase.
- Olaplex No. 6 Bond Smoother mini [affiliate link]: I can’t say this product did much for my hair. I wouldn’t repurchase.
- La Roche-Posay Toleriane Hydrating Gentle Cleanser mini + B5 Hyaluronic Acid Serum mini [affiliate links]: I got these samples free with an Ulta purchase. Both were quite nice; I didn’t love the scent of the serum, but it wasn’t a dealbreaker. I’d consider purchasing these full sized.
- NailTek #2 Strengthener [affiliate link]: I’ve already repurchased this nail polish base. I don’t know if it truly strengthens my nails, but it works well as a base coat.
I love the unintentionally soothing color scheme of these empties:
- Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Mask [affiliate link]: a great sheet mask; very hydrating and luxe. Would repurchase.
- Dr. Jart+ Dermask Water Jet Vital Hydra Solution Mask [affiliate link]: a very nice mask; I just purchased one at a discount from Sephora during their President’s Day sale.
- KNC Beauty Big Drip Face Mask: unfortunately, I didn’t like any of the three masks from this set that I purchased. The mask material is tricky to handle and I have little patience for it.
- Bliss That’s Incredi-Peel 10% Glycolic Acid Spa-Strength Resurfacing Peel [gifted; affiliate link]: I used four of these individual peel pads in two weeks and really felt like they helped brighten and smooth my skin. Would definitely purchase on my own.
- Patchology Poshpeel Pedi Cure Foot Masque [affiliate link]: I had used this foot peel once before and liked it. The peel isn’t super dramatic but it does get results. Would repurchase.
- Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels [affiliate link]: love! Would buy again. Note: this brand has gifted me these, but I’ve also purchased them on my own.
- Wander Beauty Baggage Claim Eye Masks Limited Edition Priority Pass Pink [affiliate link]: love these, will repurchase.
I hope you’re hanging in there; consuming news can be a lot these days. If it feels like too much, try stepping away from social media and news for awhile. Personally, I find that doing so can be helpful. Also helpful is asking yourself whether you need to know all the breaking news it happens…for many of us, we’re not in a position in which immediate, constant updates are necessary. <3